Nov 9, 2012, 2:30 AM EDT
Only two games on the slate on TNT Thursday, but we still managed to find three stellar performances nonetheless. And they all had dominant offensive performances.
Third Star: DeAndre Jordan (21 points on 8-of-10 shooting, 8 rebounds, in 28 minutes)
I was a bit disgusted with the way DeAndre Jordan handled himself on the bench late during Wednesday’s win over the Spurs, but it would be difficult to find any flaws in the way he performed in Portland on Thursday. Jordan was a dominant scorer from the low block, showing patience and solid footwork when making his moves to the basket. His athleticism was under control on this night, and he even hit five of his seven free throw attempts — which raised him to 38.5 percent now from the line for the season.
Since there are no embeddable highlights available from this game at the moment, go ahead and watch Jordan prank some folks with a large fake spider at Venice Beach. (Yeah, I don’t know, either.)
Second Star: Kevin Durant (24 points, 4 rebounds, 3 steals, 3 blocks, game-sealing Dirk dagger)
The Bulls are one of the better defensive units in the league, so even without Derrick Rose, they’re still able to stay close with elite teams like the Thunder. OKC’s attack was balanced all night, until the fourth quarter came along and Kevin Durant decided it was winning time. Ten of Durant’s 24 came in the final period, none prettier than the one-legged fadeaway with under 20 seconds left that effectively sealed it.
First Star: Jamal Crawford (25 points on 9-of-17 shooting in 28 minutes off the bench)
Anytime a player returns to the place he played the previous season as a member of the opposing team, and leads his new team to victory while scoring more than everyone else in the building — and hearing the boos from the home crowd in the process — I’d say that’s a pretty stellar performance.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48