Nov 9, 2012, 9:04 AM EDT
If you’re not from Boston and you visit there (and you should), I have two words for you: Mass Transit.
Take the T. Walk, Boston is a very walkable city. Take cabs. Take the dang Duckboat. But think twice about driving. I’m from Los Angeles and I don’t like driving in Boston.
There are a few new Celtics this season, NBA veterans and rookies alike who are adjusting to the city. And when Jessica Camerato of CSNNE.com asked them about driving around Boston they had the horror stories of any new arrival.
From Darko Milicic:
“(Last Friday before the home opener) it took me two hours to get here from where I come from. There was traffic. I don’t know where these people are going. New York is ten times bigger than Boston. It’s worse here and this city is ten times smaller than New York. I don’t understand where these people are coming from. It’s wasted time. I hate traffic. I left an hour-and-a-half early and I thought I’d be here in a half (hour). It sure wasn’t enough because it took me two hours.”
“Me and (former Celtics training camp invitee) Jamar (Smith) were trying to find our way to the Garden the first time we came. We could see the Garden by every angle, but we couldn’t find the right exit. We didn’t come. We had a duckboat tour and we couldn’t find the way. We had a GPS. It didn’t work, we didn’t make it. Now I know my way to the Garden (laughs). It’s good.”
But I think Jared Sullinger summed it up best:
“There’s no similarities to driving in Ohio (Sullinger’s home state). In Ohio, people can drive.”
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 30
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 46
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4