Nov 9, 2012, 9:04 AM EDT
If you’re not from Boston and you visit there (and you should), I have two words for you: Mass Transit.
Take the T. Walk, Boston is a very walkable city. Take cabs. Take the dang Duckboat. But think twice about driving. I’m from Los Angeles and I don’t like driving in Boston.
There are a few new Celtics this season, NBA veterans and rookies alike who are adjusting to the city. And when Jessica Camerato of CSNNE.com asked them about driving around Boston they had the horror stories of any new arrival.
From Darko Milicic:
“(Last Friday before the home opener) it took me two hours to get here from where I come from. There was traffic. I don’t know where these people are going. New York is ten times bigger than Boston. It’s worse here and this city is ten times smaller than New York. I don’t understand where these people are coming from. It’s wasted time. I hate traffic. I left an hour-and-a-half early and I thought I’d be here in a half (hour). It sure wasn’t enough because it took me two hours.”
“Me and (former Celtics training camp invitee) Jamar (Smith) were trying to find our way to the Garden the first time we came. We could see the Garden by every angle, but we couldn’t find the right exit. We didn’t come. We had a duckboat tour and we couldn’t find the way. We had a GPS. It didn’t work, we didn’t make it. Now I know my way to the Garden (laughs). It’s good.”
But I think Jared Sullinger summed it up best:
“There’s no similarities to driving in Ohio (Sullinger’s home state). In Ohio, people can drive.”
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 10
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 10
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 9
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 46
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 5
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19