Nov 9, 2012, 9:04 AM EST
If you’re not from Boston and you visit there (and you should), I have two words for you: Mass Transit.
Take the T. Walk, Boston is a very walkable city. Take cabs. Take the dang Duckboat. But think twice about driving. I’m from Los Angeles and I don’t like driving in Boston.
There are a few new Celtics this season, NBA veterans and rookies alike who are adjusting to the city. And when Jessica Camerato of CSNNE.com asked them about driving around Boston they had the horror stories of any new arrival.
From Darko Milicic:
“(Last Friday before the home opener) it took me two hours to get here from where I come from. There was traffic. I don’t know where these people are going. New York is ten times bigger than Boston. It’s worse here and this city is ten times smaller than New York. I don’t understand where these people are coming from. It’s wasted time. I hate traffic. I left an hour-and-a-half early and I thought I’d be here in a half (hour). It sure wasn’t enough because it took me two hours.”
“Me and (former Celtics training camp invitee) Jamar (Smith) were trying to find our way to the Garden the first time we came. We could see the Garden by every angle, but we couldn’t find the right exit. We didn’t come. We had a duckboat tour and we couldn’t find the way. We had a GPS. It didn’t work, we didn’t make it. Now I know my way to the Garden (laughs). It’s good.”
But I think Jared Sullinger summed it up best:
“There’s no similarities to driving in Ohio (Sullinger’s home state). In Ohio, people can drive.”
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 2
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 9
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 28
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29