Nov 8, 2012, 10:14 AM EST
DeAndre Jordan loves this play. LOVES IT.
Nutmeg is an old-school term, believe it or not. Seriously. The stuffy Oxford English Dictionary says the term (when not talking about the food) is first seem “in the 1870s which in Victorian slang came to mean ‘to be tricked or deceived, especially in a manner which makes the victim look foolish.” From there it evolved into a soccer term for when a guy dribbles the ball between a defender’s legs.
Or, in basketball, again it is to dribble the basketball between your defender’s legs. Which is what the Clippers Jamal Crawford does to the Spurs Nando De Colo. Even Jeff Van Gundy knows that it meant. Well, not the Victorian era stuff, but the foolish, dribble through the legs part.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 6
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8