Nov 8, 2012, 10:14 AM EST
DeAndre Jordan loves this play. LOVES IT.
Nutmeg is an old-school term, believe it or not. Seriously. The stuffy Oxford English Dictionary says the term (when not talking about the food) is first seem “in the 1870s which in Victorian slang came to mean ‘to be tricked or deceived, especially in a manner which makes the victim look foolish.” From there it evolved into a soccer term for when a guy dribbles the ball between a defender’s legs.
Or, in basketball, again it is to dribble the basketball between your defender’s legs. Which is what the Clippers Jamal Crawford does to the Spurs Nando De Colo. Even Jeff Van Gundy knows that it meant. Well, not the Victorian era stuff, but the foolish, dribble through the legs part.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 31
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10