Nov 8, 2012, 6:26 PM EDT
The Thunder have arguably one of the worst logos in the league, especially when contrasting it with how exciting the product is on the court.
The colors aren’t bad, but the logo the team went with seems like it was chosen from a contest between third-graders to submit their best designs.
There’s a new uniform in town now, if only for select games this season. The photo comes from OKC’s official Twitter account, and shows a very basic design of navy blue with white trim.
As for what inspired the new look, we’ll let the team’s website take it from here:
The new uniform illustrates many characteristics inherent in our identity:
• The two-color scheme is simplistic yet bold in the dominant use of navy blue and white.
• The unique vertical presentation of the word ‘T-H-U-N-D-E-R’ demonstrates strength and illustrates the rising nature of our team and community.
• The font used for numbers and letters are consistent with our current uniform while the script ‘Oklahoma City’ on the shorts provides a classic, yet modern, application.
• The vertical ‘O-K-C’ on the shorts embraces the organic and loyal support of our fans who chant those letters throughout home games.
Overall, the minimalist design and clean lines are timeless and reflect the personality of our industrious, hard-working, proud and committed community.
Personally, I’m not feeling these. A little too plain for a flashy young team, and there just seems to be something lacking here. Also, is anyone else distracted by the fact that the vertical stripe on the jersey doesn’t align with the one on the shorts?
Let me know if I’m way off base here, but like the original Thunder uniforms, it just doesn’t seem like enough thought was put into creating something all that sharp.
Sep 15, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
New details about incident in which he allegedly punched ex-girlfriend in the face
Sep 15, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Amundson’s best days are behind him, but maybe he can find a niche in Cleveland
Sep 15, 2014, 8:48 PM EDT
Who else was Lionel Hollins going to start?
Sep 15, 2014, 7:55 PM EDT
Washington building up competition for open 15th spot
Sep 15, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
Some team will pick him up. Eventually.
Sep 15, 2014, 5:59 PM EDT
KD is an Iverson fan.
Sep 15, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
Silas appears to have real chance of making the team
Sep 15, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
Derrick Rose stayed healthy but never shook the rust fully off his shot.
Sep 15, 2014, 3:35 PM EDT
Soccer already has the right model, it’s just going to be hard to get FIBA on board.
Sep 15, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
D-League is ripe for expansion
Sep 15, 2014, 2:04 PM EDT
Harris unsure whether Orlando will let him hit restricted free agency
Sep 15, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
Blake Griffin has done some brilliant marketing campaigns.
Sep 15, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
Liz shot 49 percent on 3-points in World Cup
Sep 15, 2014, 12:08 PM EDT
Dolan said he’s let Phil Jackson run the team, and Jackson affirms Dolan has so far
Sep 15, 2014, 11:24 AM EDT
Duke coach benefits big time in recruiting from World Cup, Olympic coaching
Sep 15, 2014, 10:22 AM EDT
And so it begins.
Sep 15, 2014, 9:43 AM EDT
When do scouts cross a line?
Sep 15, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Chalmers thought Heat wouldn’t re-sign him after disastrous NBA Finals
Sep 15, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
It’s close… well, not the shaves but the quality of beard.
Sep 15, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Anthony Davis is ready to make the next leap.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 0
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 18
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 28