Nov 8, 2012, 6:26 PM EDT
The Thunder have arguably one of the worst logos in the league, especially when contrasting it with how exciting the product is on the court.
The colors aren’t bad, but the logo the team went with seems like it was chosen from a contest between third-graders to submit their best designs.
There’s a new uniform in town now, if only for select games this season. The photo comes from OKC’s official Twitter account, and shows a very basic design of navy blue with white trim.
As for what inspired the new look, we’ll let the team’s website take it from here:
The new uniform illustrates many characteristics inherent in our identity:
• The two-color scheme is simplistic yet bold in the dominant use of navy blue and white.
• The unique vertical presentation of the word ‘T-H-U-N-D-E-R’ demonstrates strength and illustrates the rising nature of our team and community.
• The font used for numbers and letters are consistent with our current uniform while the script ‘Oklahoma City’ on the shorts provides a classic, yet modern, application.
• The vertical ‘O-K-C’ on the shorts embraces the organic and loyal support of our fans who chant those letters throughout home games.
Overall, the minimalist design and clean lines are timeless and reflect the personality of our industrious, hard-working, proud and committed community.
Personally, I’m not feeling these. A little too plain for a flashy young team, and there just seems to be something lacking here. Also, is anyone else distracted by the fact that the vertical stripe on the jersey doesn’t align with the one on the shorts?
Let me know if I’m way off base here, but like the original Thunder uniforms, it just doesn’t seem like enough thought was put into creating something all that sharp.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 38
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18