Nov 8, 2012, 6:26 PM EDT
The Thunder have arguably one of the worst logos in the league, especially when contrasting it with how exciting the product is on the court.
The colors aren’t bad, but the logo the team went with seems like it was chosen from a contest between third-graders to submit their best designs.
There’s a new uniform in town now, if only for select games this season. The photo comes from OKC’s official Twitter account, and shows a very basic design of navy blue with white trim.
As for what inspired the new look, we’ll let the team’s website take it from here:
The new uniform illustrates many characteristics inherent in our identity:
• The two-color scheme is simplistic yet bold in the dominant use of navy blue and white.
• The unique vertical presentation of the word ‘T-H-U-N-D-E-R’ demonstrates strength and illustrates the rising nature of our team and community.
• The font used for numbers and letters are consistent with our current uniform while the script ‘Oklahoma City’ on the shorts provides a classic, yet modern, application.
• The vertical ‘O-K-C’ on the shorts embraces the organic and loyal support of our fans who chant those letters throughout home games.
Overall, the minimalist design and clean lines are timeless and reflect the personality of our industrious, hard-working, proud and committed community.
Personally, I’m not feeling these. A little too plain for a flashy young team, and there just seems to be something lacking here. Also, is anyone else distracted by the fact that the vertical stripe on the jersey doesn’t align with the one on the shorts?
Let me know if I’m way off base here, but like the original Thunder uniforms, it just doesn’t seem like enough thought was put into creating something all that sharp.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 33
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 8
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23