Nov 8, 2012, 8:26 PM EDT
The elbow from Kings’ rookie Thomas Robinson on Wednesday — you remember, the one that connected with the throat of Jonas Jerebko and earned Robinson a well-deserved two-game suspension — was brutal and unnecessary, and has no place at all in a basketball game played at the professional level.
Thankfully, after receiving his punishment for the act, Robinson seems to realize it.
Speaking after the Kings practiced on Thursday, Thomas was apologetic, humble, and reflective, while seeming to understand the gravity of what he had done.
On what teammates said to him:
“I’ve got to be smarter in my decisions. It was a bad decision, a bad choice I made. I made it already, I can’t change it. If I could I would but it’s something I have to live with and move on from here.”
On had he ever had an incident like this in high school or college:
“Not at all. Unfortunately I’m not perfect. I would love to be, but I made a mistake. It rarely happens to me. I’ve never been in that type of situation before. I’ve never been ejected from a game or anything of that sort of matter. I definitely take full responsibility and I apologize to the whole organization, the fans and everybody who supports me. It won’t happen again.”
On what led to the elbow:
“Just frustration. It’s nothing he did. Chirping is part of the game and that’s something I have to adjust to. These guys are professionals, whether it’s trash talking, whatever, they’re pros. He got under my skin and I let it get to me. So it was a mistake.”
Good on Robinson for taking full accountability for his actions.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 20
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61