Nov 8, 2012, 8:26 PM EDT
The elbow from Kings’ rookie Thomas Robinson on Wednesday — you remember, the one that connected with the throat of Jonas Jerebko and earned Robinson a well-deserved two-game suspension — was brutal and unnecessary, and has no place at all in a basketball game played at the professional level.
Thankfully, after receiving his punishment for the act, Robinson seems to realize it.
Speaking after the Kings practiced on Thursday, Thomas was apologetic, humble, and reflective, while seeming to understand the gravity of what he had done.
On what teammates said to him:
“I’ve got to be smarter in my decisions. It was a bad decision, a bad choice I made. I made it already, I can’t change it. If I could I would but it’s something I have to live with and move on from here.”
On had he ever had an incident like this in high school or college:
“Not at all. Unfortunately I’m not perfect. I would love to be, but I made a mistake. It rarely happens to me. I’ve never been in that type of situation before. I’ve never been ejected from a game or anything of that sort of matter. I definitely take full responsibility and I apologize to the whole organization, the fans and everybody who supports me. It won’t happen again.”
On what led to the elbow:
“Just frustration. It’s nothing he did. Chirping is part of the game and that’s something I have to adjust to. These guys are professionals, whether it’s trash talking, whatever, they’re pros. He got under my skin and I let it get to me. So it was a mistake.”
Good on Robinson for taking full accountability for his actions.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 0
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 3
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31