Nov 8, 2012, 3:08 PM EST
Wherever the Lakers travel around the nation (and around the globe), there are always some Lakers fans in the crowd. Even in rivalry cities like Boston. Or Utah.
And those fans are as frustrated with the Lakers 1-4 start as the people in Los Angeles. And some handle their anger just about as well — a Lakers fan in Salt Lake City Wednesday night sprayed a Jazz fan with pepper spray outside the Energy Solutions Arena, reports the Salt Lake Tribune.
This pillar of humanity in a Lakers jersey was talking crap about the Jazz and the game inside the arena and even challenged the Jazz fans to a fight. So, they got tossed from the arena. These guys hung around outside the arena so they could continue the fight, the paper reports.
The Lakers’ fans spotted the Jazz fans standing on the corner of 100 South and 400 West and started trash talking again.
At that point, one of the Lakers’ fans pulled out pepper spray fogger and let loose with it, police said.
Idiot. (And while Lakers fans can be annoying, let’s not pretend all Lakers fans are idiots like this guy.)
If you travel to see your team in a hostile arena, you have to expect some people to talk smack. If your team sucks right now and gets is butt kicked, you need to accept it (within reason). Let’s put it this way: If you get kicked out of an arena you’ve got a problem, if you hang around outside the building to keep the fight going so you can pepper spray people who root for another basketball team, you should seek help. No, seriously, seek help. This isn’t normal.
Come on Lakers fans, try to handle a rough patch with a little class. It’s not too much to ask.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 11
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14