Nov 8, 2012, 3:08 PM EDT
Wherever the Lakers travel around the nation (and around the globe), there are always some Lakers fans in the crowd. Even in rivalry cities like Boston. Or Utah.
And those fans are as frustrated with the Lakers 1-4 start as the people in Los Angeles. And some handle their anger just about as well — a Lakers fan in Salt Lake City Wednesday night sprayed a Jazz fan with pepper spray outside the Energy Solutions Arena, reports the Salt Lake Tribune.
This pillar of humanity in a Lakers jersey was talking crap about the Jazz and the game inside the arena and even challenged the Jazz fans to a fight. So, they got tossed from the arena. These guys hung around outside the arena so they could continue the fight, the paper reports.
The Lakers’ fans spotted the Jazz fans standing on the corner of 100 South and 400 West and started trash talking again.
At that point, one of the Lakers’ fans pulled out pepper spray fogger and let loose with it, police said.
Idiot. (And while Lakers fans can be annoying, let’s not pretend all Lakers fans are idiots like this guy.)
If you travel to see your team in a hostile arena, you have to expect some people to talk smack. If your team sucks right now and gets is butt kicked, you need to accept it (within reason). Let’s put it this way: If you get kicked out of an arena you’ve got a problem, if you hang around outside the building to keep the fight going so you can pepper spray people who root for another basketball team, you should seek help. No, seriously, seek help. This isn’t normal.
Come on Lakers fans, try to handle a rough patch with a little class. It’s not too much to ask.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 17
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3