Nov 8, 2012, 5:42 PM EDT
We told you Wednesday night when it happened a suspension was very possible for Kings rookie Thomas Robinson, and the league has come down pretty hard on the rookie.
Robinson has been suspended two games (without pay) for throwing an elbow to the neck of Jonas Jerebko of the Detroit Pistons, the league announced Thursday. Robinson was ejected from the game for a flagrant foul 2. As he should have been.
Robinson is out Friday night when the Kings play the Spurs and Sunday night when they take on the Lakers.
This is fair. Watch that play above and you see an uncalled for elbow that could have seriously injured someone. It’s not a gentle one-game slap, the league is sending a message here, but it is not out of line with what should be the outcome for the play.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 5
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 23
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 66
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36