Nov 8, 2012, 5:42 PM EDT
We told you Wednesday night when it happened a suspension was very possible for Kings rookie Thomas Robinson, and the league has come down pretty hard on the rookie.
Robinson has been suspended two games (without pay) for throwing an elbow to the neck of Jonas Jerebko of the Detroit Pistons, the league announced Thursday. Robinson was ejected from the game for a flagrant foul 2. As he should have been.
Robinson is out Friday night when the Kings play the Spurs and Sunday night when they take on the Lakers.
This is fair. Watch that play above and you see an uncalled for elbow that could have seriously injured someone. It’s not a gentle one-game slap, the league is sending a message here, but it is not out of line with what should be the outcome for the play.
- Report: Trevor Ariza to sign 4-year, $32 million deal with Rockets 30
- Pau Gasol tweets he has chosen to play for Bulls. Only question is will it be sign-and-trade or not. 37
- LeBron James’ contract two years, $42 million with Cavaliers. That doesn’t mean he’s leaving. 34
- LeBron returns to Cleveland a more efficient, mature player that can take team further 35
- Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker shine in head-to-head Summer League matchup 19
- Posnanski: LeBron James proves he’s a true Clevelander 58
- Report: Isaiah Thomas headed to Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade 40
- Report: Chris Bosh re-signing with Heat over joining Rockets 89