Nov 8, 2012, 5:42 PM EDT
We told you Wednesday night when it happened a suspension was very possible for Kings rookie Thomas Robinson, and the league has come down pretty hard on the rookie.
Robinson has been suspended two games (without pay) for throwing an elbow to the neck of Jonas Jerebko of the Detroit Pistons, the league announced Thursday. Robinson was ejected from the game for a flagrant foul 2. As he should have been.
Robinson is out Friday night when the Kings play the Spurs and Sunday night when they take on the Lakers.
This is fair. Watch that play above and you see an uncalled for elbow that could have seriously injured someone. It’s not a gentle one-game slap, the league is sending a message here, but it is not out of line with what should be the outcome for the play.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38