Nov 8, 2012, 1:25 AM EDT
Thomas Robinson, you’re a rookie so let me help you out here — the check for that fine that is coming can be made out just to the NBA.
And there is certainly at least a fine coming — and likely a suspension — for Robinson following his uncalled for and nasty elbow to the neck of Detroit’s Jonas Jerebko.
When you watch the replay there is a little contact but nothing out of the ordinary for an NBA possession — Robinson was trying to get Jerebko off him and the Piston responded putting his hands on Robinson’s hips and trying to slide past him into position. Robinson responds with an elbow to the neck.
Look at it this way: The video above is from the Kings broadcast and they are ripping Robinson for the play. When the hometown announcers throw you under the bus, it’s bad.
Hat tip to The Point Forward for the video.
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 0
- Reports: Stephen Curry to be named MVP Monday 26
- Hawks start hot, finish cold, Wizards take Game 1 on road 104-98. 6
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 4
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 2
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 20
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 28
- Report: Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy won’t be suspended for Game 1 against Cavaliers 22