Nov 8, 2012, 1:25 AM EDT
Thomas Robinson, you’re a rookie so let me help you out here — the check for that fine that is coming can be made out just to the NBA.
And there is certainly at least a fine coming — and likely a suspension — for Robinson following his uncalled for and nasty elbow to the neck of Detroit’s Jonas Jerebko.
When you watch the replay there is a little contact but nothing out of the ordinary for an NBA possession — Robinson was trying to get Jerebko off him and the Piston responded putting his hands on Robinson’s hips and trying to slide past him into position. Robinson responds with an elbow to the neck.
Look at it this way: The video above is from the Kings broadcast and they are ripping Robinson for the play. When the hometown announcers throw you under the bus, it’s bad.
Hat tip to The Point Forward for the video.
- Reports: Bulls close to firing Tom Thibodeau 0
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 0
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 38
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 3
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 23