Kings’ Robinson ejected after nasty elbow to Pistons’ Jerebko

Nov 8, 2012, 1:25 AM EDT

Thomas Robinson, you’re a rookie so let me help you out here — the check for that fine that is coming can be made out just to the NBA.

And there is certainly at least a fine coming — and likely a suspension — for Robinson following his uncalled for and nasty elbow to the neck of Detroit’s Jonas Jerebko.

When you watch the replay there is a little contact but nothing out of the ordinary for an NBA possession — Robinson was trying to get Jerebko off him and the Piston responded putting his hands on Robinson’s hips and trying to slide past him into position. Robinson responds with an elbow to the neck.

Look at it this way: The video above is from the Kings broadcast and they are ripping Robinson for the play. When the hometown announcers throw you under the bus, it’s bad.

Hat tip to The Point Forward for the video.

1. opshuns - Nov 8, 2012 at 3:02 AM

This is the kind of stuff that is destroying the NBA. Take it to MMA.

• mannyfresh209 - Nov 8, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Yeah, because nobody’s ever throw an elbow before? I’m looking at you, Charles, Karl and Dennis!

• jt1138 - Nov 8, 2012 at 1:56 PM

No, you’re what’s destroying the NBA. This would have been a regular foul back in the 80’s and 90’s NBA. Back in the Golden Years of the sport. Now, everyone is too nice to each other. That’s what’s great about the Heat-Celtics rivalry. Miami and Boston hate each other with a passion. Now that’s a rivalry.

2. letangusespertplus - Nov 8, 2012 at 5:39 AM

What a couple of bores announcing that.

3. pglive21 - Nov 8, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I can’t believe I felt bad for this kid. I know he’s had an unbelievably bad family situation, losing his mom and grandparents and having to care for his sister but this is so low class. Before this I really wanted him to succeed in this league. Now it just looks like he belongs on the Kings and has been taking lessons from Cousins.

4. willierice85 - Nov 8, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Being a Jayhawk, Robinson should be used to guys coming up behind him and putting their hands on his hips.

5. aldavis4president - Nov 8, 2012 at 1:50 PM

It’s destroying basketball??! How old r u 7??! This was happening on the regular 15yrs ago…I’m not condoning this kind of behavior but its part of basketball..u start holding nd pulling to try nd gain position ur gna catch a bow to the chin #jussayin ..go anywhere and play ball, and I guarantee you if u tugg or hold sum1 he’s gna throw a bow..IT’S BBALL IT’S GROWN MEN!! U LIL CRYBABIES R THE ONES RUINING THE SPORT!! oh and websites that like to repeat every single litttlee thingg

• jt1138 - Nov 8, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Thank you! I’m tired of all these fans who think they know everything about Jordan and the Golden Era of Basketball, but never watched the games because they were either too young or weren’t born yet. These kinds of fouls were normal back then, but of course, people got soft and now they’re ruining the sport. Like how safety rules are ruining football.

6. metrocritical - Nov 8, 2012 at 9:04 PM

To Robinson: Total punk move.

To jt1138: Total punk comment. Did you forget that what they are playing is a game? That there are rules? That it’s not life and death? That exerting maximum effort during the course of play is legit but vicious cheap shots that have nothing to do with the play is unacceptable? Going through life with a thug mentality serves no purpose for anyone, in sports or in life. I suppose that in your book not letting kids bring weapons to school is going “soft”, too?

7. rocirius - Nov 8, 2012 at 10:22 PM

I played a lot of pickup basketball and nobody ever threw an elbow at me. If they had I would have thrown a fist to their face or to their solar plexus.

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches