Nov 8, 2012, 1:25 AM EST
Thomas Robinson, you’re a rookie so let me help you out here — the check for that fine that is coming can be made out just to the NBA.
And there is certainly at least a fine coming — and likely a suspension — for Robinson following his uncalled for and nasty elbow to the neck of Detroit’s Jonas Jerebko.
When you watch the replay there is a little contact but nothing out of the ordinary for an NBA possession — Robinson was trying to get Jerebko off him and the Piston responded putting his hands on Robinson’s hips and trying to slide past him into position. Robinson responds with an elbow to the neck.
Look at it this way: The video above is from the Kings broadcast and they are ripping Robinson for the play. When the hometown announcers throw you under the bus, it’s bad.
Hat tip to The Point Forward for the video.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City canceled 1
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 23
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)