Nov 8, 2012, 2:02 PM EDT
This is encouraging, but could ultimately be meaningless.
But Davis could be back Friday, reports Jimmy Smith of the Times-Picayune.
Anthony Davis says no recurrance of concussion symptoms; hopes to play Friday vs. Bobcats.
— Jimmy Smith (@JimmySmithtp) November 8, 2012
Coach Monty Williams took a more cautious approach, saying he didn’t know whether Davis or Rivers (who has a sprained finger) will play. Williams felt the sting of his fine and is walking the league line now.
For Davis, how he thinks he feels is irrelevant — according to the league concussion policy he has to pass a battery of tests and get approved by the league neurologist to return. Neither Davis nor the Hornets medical staff get to make the ultimate call.
But him saying he feels better is a good sign. And the Hornets could use him back so lets hope it is one.
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50