Nov 8, 2012, 2:02 PM EDT
This is encouraging, but could ultimately be meaningless.
But Davis could be back Friday, reports Jimmy Smith of the Times-Picayune.
Anthony Davis says no recurrance of concussion symptoms; hopes to play Friday vs. Bobcats.
— Jimmy Smith (@JimmySmithtp) November 8, 2012
Coach Monty Williams took a more cautious approach, saying he didn’t know whether Davis or Rivers (who has a sprained finger) will play. Williams felt the sting of his fine and is walking the league line now.
For Davis, how he thinks he feels is irrelevant — according to the league concussion policy he has to pass a battery of tests and get approved by the league neurologist to return. Neither Davis nor the Hornets medical staff get to make the ultimate call.
But him saying he feels better is a good sign. And the Hornets could use him back so lets hope it is one.
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 21
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 54
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 7
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 13
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19