Nov 8, 2012, 2:02 PM EDT
This is encouraging, but could ultimately be meaningless.
But Davis could be back Friday, reports Jimmy Smith of the Times-Picayune.
Anthony Davis says no recurrance of concussion symptoms; hopes to play Friday vs. Bobcats.
— Jimmy Smith (@JimmySmithtp) November 8, 2012
Coach Monty Williams took a more cautious approach, saying he didn’t know whether Davis or Rivers (who has a sprained finger) will play. Williams felt the sting of his fine and is walking the league line now.
For Davis, how he thinks he feels is irrelevant — according to the league concussion policy he has to pass a battery of tests and get approved by the league neurologist to return. Neither Davis nor the Hornets medical staff get to make the ultimate call.
But him saying he feels better is a good sign. And the Hornets could use him back so lets hope it is one.
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 0
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 3
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 27
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 26