Nov 8, 2012, 2:02 PM EDT
This is encouraging, but could ultimately be meaningless.
But Davis could be back Friday, reports Jimmy Smith of the Times-Picayune.
Anthony Davis says no recurrance of concussion symptoms; hopes to play Friday vs. Bobcats.
— Jimmy Smith (@JimmySmithtp) November 8, 2012
Coach Monty Williams took a more cautious approach, saying he didn’t know whether Davis or Rivers (who has a sprained finger) will play. Williams felt the sting of his fine and is walking the league line now.
For Davis, how he thinks he feels is irrelevant — according to the league concussion policy he has to pass a battery of tests and get approved by the league neurologist to return. Neither Davis nor the Hornets medical staff get to make the ultimate call.
But him saying he feels better is a good sign. And the Hornets could use him back so lets hope it is one.
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8