Nov 7, 2012, 2:57 PM EDT
Dirk Nowitzki is a man of great musical taste. He’s made beautiful music with Steve Nash in Dallas. He hums David Hasselhoff tunes (who doesn’t!?) at the free throw line. He belts out “We are the Champions” when he wins championships. And hey! He probably even knows who Bon Jovi is!
Look, Dirk doesn’t need to know the song. Lyrics? Overrated. Dirk just goes for it, man. The Mavericks know what’s up — just give Dirk the mic and wait for the greatest rendition of Bruce Springsteen’s “Born in the USA” ever done by a 7-foot German until maybe Chris Kaman gives it a shot. Behold, greatness:
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 0
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 9
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 41