Nov 7, 2012, 1:34 PM EDT
When Toronto point guard Kyle Lowry crumpled on the floor in pain following rolling his ankle Tuesday night (stepping on the foot of OKC’s Serge Ibaka), him not playing Wednesday against the Mavericks seemed a pretty likely outcome.
Kyle Lowry will not dress for tonight’s game in Dallas (right ankle sprain). He will continue treatment and be re-accessed daily.#Raptors
— RaptorsPR (@RaptorsPR) November 7, 2012
But he will be missed — Lowry has averaged 18.3 points per game on 54.5 percent shooting, plus dishes out better than six assists a game. He has been amazing, and behind him the Raptors offense has been swill.
Which means bigger question is how many other games he might miss. The Raptors also are saying “day-to-day” but we have no timeline yet. We don’t know how bad things really are. After this game the Raptors are off until Saturday when they host the 76ers.
We will see if he can return by then.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5