Nov 7, 2012, 1:34 PM EDT
When Toronto point guard Kyle Lowry crumpled on the floor in pain following rolling his ankle Tuesday night (stepping on the foot of OKC’s Serge Ibaka), him not playing Wednesday against the Mavericks seemed a pretty likely outcome.
Kyle Lowry will not dress for tonight’s game in Dallas (right ankle sprain). He will continue treatment and be re-accessed daily.#Raptors
— RaptorsPR (@RaptorsPR) November 7, 2012
But he will be missed — Lowry has averaged 18.3 points per game on 54.5 percent shooting, plus dishes out better than six assists a game. He has been amazing, and behind him the Raptors offense has been swill.
Which means bigger question is how many other games he might miss. The Raptors also are saying “day-to-day” but we have no timeline yet. We don’t know how bad things really are. After this game the Raptors are off until Saturday when they host the 76ers.
We will see if he can return by then.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 5
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 3
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 49
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 28
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20