Nov 7, 2012, 1:34 PM EDT
When Toronto point guard Kyle Lowry crumpled on the floor in pain following rolling his ankle Tuesday night (stepping on the foot of OKC’s Serge Ibaka), him not playing Wednesday against the Mavericks seemed a pretty likely outcome.
Kyle Lowry will not dress for tonight’s game in Dallas (right ankle sprain). He will continue treatment and be re-accessed daily.#Raptors
— RaptorsPR (@RaptorsPR) November 7, 2012
But he will be missed — Lowry has averaged 18.3 points per game on 54.5 percent shooting, plus dishes out better than six assists a game. He has been amazing, and behind him the Raptors offense has been swill.
Which means bigger question is how many other games he might miss. The Raptors also are saying “day-to-day” but we have no timeline yet. We don’t know how bad things really are. After this game the Raptors are off until Saturday when they host the 76ers.
We will see if he can return by then.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 11
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 37
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 49
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 17
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11