Nov 7, 2012, 1:34 PM EDT
When Toronto point guard Kyle Lowry crumpled on the floor in pain following rolling his ankle Tuesday night (stepping on the foot of OKC’s Serge Ibaka), him not playing Wednesday against the Mavericks seemed a pretty likely outcome.
Kyle Lowry will not dress for tonight’s game in Dallas (right ankle sprain). He will continue treatment and be re-accessed daily.#Raptors
— RaptorsPR (@RaptorsPR) November 7, 2012
But he will be missed — Lowry has averaged 18.3 points per game on 54.5 percent shooting, plus dishes out better than six assists a game. He has been amazing, and behind him the Raptors offense has been swill.
Which means bigger question is how many other games he might miss. The Raptors also are saying “day-to-day” but we have no timeline yet. We don’t know how bad things really are. After this game the Raptors are off until Saturday when they host the 76ers.
We will see if he can return by then.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to be team president. Or not. Depends on who you ask. 21
- Extra Pass: Western Conference playoff field ought to be really good, but just how good? 1
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: San Antonio with another impressive statement 14
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 8
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 28