Nov 7, 2012, 1:34 PM EST
When Toronto point guard Kyle Lowry crumpled on the floor in pain following rolling his ankle Tuesday night (stepping on the foot of OKC’s Serge Ibaka), him not playing Wednesday against the Mavericks seemed a pretty likely outcome.
Kyle Lowry will not dress for tonight’s game in Dallas (right ankle sprain). He will continue treatment and be re-accessed daily.#Raptors
— RaptorsPR (@RaptorsPR) November 7, 2012
But he will be missed — Lowry has averaged 18.3 points per game on 54.5 percent shooting, plus dishes out better than six assists a game. He has been amazing, and behind him the Raptors offense has been swill.
Which means bigger question is how many other games he might miss. The Raptors also are saying “day-to-day” but we have no timeline yet. We don’t know how bad things really are. After this game the Raptors are off until Saturday when they host the 76ers.
We will see if he can return by then.
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. 14
- Report: Grizzlies shopping Zach Randolph around, want deal with Pelicans 6
- Nets notes: Kidd takes some credit, Lopez downplays injury, and Pierce off the bench 2
- Report: Knicks’ owner shoots down trade to get team Kyle Lowry 22
- The Extra Pass: Deron Williams is the difference for Nets; plus Thursday’s recaps 1
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (51)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)