Nov 7, 2012, 9:09 PM EST
When the Chicago Bulls score 100 points in a game attendees at the United Center get a coupon for a free McDonald’s Big Mac. If Derrick Rose were still playing they would probably have to give out coupons for a free angioplasty by the middle of the season, but with him out McDonald’s is largely safe.
Which brings us to Tuesday night, when the Bulls were about to beat the Magic 99-93 and should have been running out the clock, then suddenly Joakim Noah tried a three to get the fans their Big Macs. He missed. When the final buzzer sounded some Bulls fans booed because they didn’t get their free burger.
Coach Tom Thibodeau talked to Noah about the shot, and the center said he regretted the choice, reports ESPNChicago.com.
“I got caught up in the moment,” Noah admitted after the game…
“I regret it a little bit,” Noah said. “It wasn’t a good shot.
“You have to respect the game because you never know what can happen in a game. I just got caught up in the moment and I was trying to get the people a Big Mac. They really wanted a Big Mac (judging by how loud the crowd was getting) and I felt like, not only did I take the shot and miss the shot, we didn’t even get the Big Mac. Next time, I won’t take that 3-pointer.”
Bad Karma, Joakim. Bad Karma. Like a football team going all out and trying to create a turnover on a kneel down play at the end of a game.
People love free stuff and these fast-food promotions lead fans to do silly things — the “we want ta-cos” chant remains a favorite — but the players should know better. Rise above it, guys.
Besides, Chicago is a city with some amazing burgers around. You don’t want to send the people to McDonald’s.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Cavaliers shouldn’t hit panic button, may want to locate it 0
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 2
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 29
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 15
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 22
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12