Nov 7, 2012, 9:09 PM EDT
When the Chicago Bulls score 100 points in a game attendees at the United Center get a coupon for a free McDonald’s Big Mac. If Derrick Rose were still playing they would probably have to give out coupons for a free angioplasty by the middle of the season, but with him out McDonald’s is largely safe.
Which brings us to Tuesday night, when the Bulls were about to beat the Magic 99-93 and should have been running out the clock, then suddenly Joakim Noah tried a three to get the fans their Big Macs. He missed. When the final buzzer sounded some Bulls fans booed because they didn’t get their free burger.
Coach Tom Thibodeau talked to Noah about the shot, and the center said he regretted the choice, reports ESPNChicago.com.
“I got caught up in the moment,” Noah admitted after the game…
“I regret it a little bit,” Noah said. “It wasn’t a good shot.
“You have to respect the game because you never know what can happen in a game. I just got caught up in the moment and I was trying to get the people a Big Mac. They really wanted a Big Mac (judging by how loud the crowd was getting) and I felt like, not only did I take the shot and miss the shot, we didn’t even get the Big Mac. Next time, I won’t take that 3-pointer.”
Bad Karma, Joakim. Bad Karma. Like a football team going all out and trying to create a turnover on a kneel down play at the end of a game.
People love free stuff and these fast-food promotions lead fans to do silly things — the “we want ta-cos” chant remains a favorite — but the players should know better. Rise above it, guys.
Besides, Chicago is a city with some amazing burgers around. You don’t want to send the people to McDonald’s.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 4
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 22
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9