Nov 7, 2012, 1:04 PM EST
Anthony Davis has not yet been cleared by the league’s neurologist following his concussion and will not suit up Wednesday night when the Hornets host the 76ers, according to the team’s official reporter.
This was somewhat expected. Don’t expect Monty Williams to say anything about it. Not a word.
But to add to his woes through a case of karma gone bad, Austin Rivers — the guy that inadvertently gave Davis the concussion — will be out as well with a sprained left index finger.
What does this mean? Well, for one the Sixers catch a break. Expect rookie Darius Miller to get a lot more run for the Hornets. Same is true of Ryan Anderson, who likely starts. Which is good if he is on your fantasy team.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 25
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 15
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 9
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7