Nov 7, 2012, 1:04 PM EST
Anthony Davis has not yet been cleared by the league’s neurologist following his concussion and will not suit up Wednesday night when the Hornets host the 76ers, according to the team’s official reporter.
This was somewhat expected. Don’t expect Monty Williams to say anything about it. Not a word.
But to add to his woes through a case of karma gone bad, Austin Rivers — the guy that inadvertently gave Davis the concussion — will be out as well with a sprained left index finger.
What does this mean? Well, for one the Sixers catch a break. Expect rookie Darius Miller to get a lot more run for the Hornets. Same is true of Ryan Anderson, who likely starts. Which is good if he is on your fantasy team.
- Wesley Matthew’s injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 2
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 8
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14