Nov 7, 2012, 1:04 PM EDT
Anthony Davis has not yet been cleared by the league’s neurologist following his concussion and will not suit up Wednesday night when the Hornets host the 76ers, according to the team’s official reporter.
This was somewhat expected. Don’t expect Monty Williams to say anything about it. Not a word.
But to add to his woes through a case of karma gone bad, Austin Rivers — the guy that inadvertently gave Davis the concussion — will be out as well with a sprained left index finger.
What does this mean? Well, for one the Sixers catch a break. Expect rookie Darius Miller to get a lot more run for the Hornets. Same is true of Ryan Anderson, who likely starts. Which is good if he is on your fantasy team.
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 9
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 9
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71