Nov 7, 2012, 1:04 PM EDT
Anthony Davis has not yet been cleared by the league’s neurologist following his concussion and will not suit up Wednesday night when the Hornets host the 76ers, according to the team’s official reporter.
This was somewhat expected. Don’t expect Monty Williams to say anything about it. Not a word.
But to add to his woes through a case of karma gone bad, Austin Rivers — the guy that inadvertently gave Davis the concussion — will be out as well with a sprained left index finger.
What does this mean? Well, for one the Sixers catch a break. Expect rookie Darius Miller to get a lot more run for the Hornets. Same is true of Ryan Anderson, who likely starts. Which is good if he is on your fantasy team.
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 0
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20