Nov 7, 2012, 1:04 PM EDT
Anthony Davis has not yet been cleared by the league’s neurologist following his concussion and will not suit up Wednesday night when the Hornets host the 76ers, according to the team’s official reporter.
This was somewhat expected. Don’t expect Monty Williams to say anything about it. Not a word.
But to add to his woes through a case of karma gone bad, Austin Rivers — the guy that inadvertently gave Davis the concussion — will be out as well with a sprained left index finger.
What does this mean? Well, for one the Sixers catch a break. Expect rookie Darius Miller to get a lot more run for the Hornets. Same is true of Ryan Anderson, who likely starts. Which is good if he is on your fantasy team.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 5
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18