Nov 6, 2012, 3:43 PM EDT
We at PBT asked the question yesterday — what is going on with Rodney Stuckey?
The attacking Pistons guard is 1-of-23 shooting this season, is not attacking the rim like he used to, not hunting out contact in the lane, not knocking down his shots and is being marginalized in the Pistons offense. It’s pretty dramatic and shocking if you’ve seen Rodney Stuckey play before.
The answer could be an ear infection. That’s what teammate Corey Maggette told Vincent Ellis of the Detroit Free Press. Previously team sources had described what Stuckey was dealing with as “migraines” but a painful ear infection could have the same impact. Not only is the pain distracting but also an ear issue can lead to balance issues.
Hopefully he can get over whatever this is and move on to dealing with how to find his space in an offense where Brandon Knight has the ball most of the time and they want Greg Monroe to have the rock in the post more.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 0
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 24
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 63
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 7
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 13
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36