Nov 6, 2012, 3:43 PM EDT
We at PBT asked the question yesterday — what is going on with Rodney Stuckey?
The attacking Pistons guard is 1-of-23 shooting this season, is not attacking the rim like he used to, not hunting out contact in the lane, not knocking down his shots and is being marginalized in the Pistons offense. It’s pretty dramatic and shocking if you’ve seen Rodney Stuckey play before.
The answer could be an ear infection. That’s what teammate Corey Maggette told Vincent Ellis of the Detroit Free Press. Previously team sources had described what Stuckey was dealing with as “migraines” but a painful ear infection could have the same impact. Not only is the pain distracting but also an ear issue can lead to balance issues.
Hopefully he can get over whatever this is and move on to dealing with how to find his space in an offense where Brandon Knight has the ball most of the time and they want Greg Monroe to have the rock in the post more.
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 11
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 17
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 51
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22