Nov 6, 2012, 3:43 PM EDT
We at PBT asked the question yesterday — what is going on with Rodney Stuckey?
The attacking Pistons guard is 1-of-23 shooting this season, is not attacking the rim like he used to, not hunting out contact in the lane, not knocking down his shots and is being marginalized in the Pistons offense. It’s pretty dramatic and shocking if you’ve seen Rodney Stuckey play before.
The answer could be an ear infection. That’s what teammate Corey Maggette told Vincent Ellis of the Detroit Free Press. Previously team sources had described what Stuckey was dealing with as “migraines” but a painful ear infection could have the same impact. Not only is the pain distracting but also an ear issue can lead to balance issues.
Hopefully he can get over whatever this is and move on to dealing with how to find his space in an offense where Brandon Knight has the ball most of the time and they want Greg Monroe to have the rock in the post more.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85