Nov 6, 2012, 2:21 PM EDT
The Mavericks are off to a 3-1 start, one that is certainly better than expected considering they’ve played all four of those games without the injured Dirk Nowitzki.
We’ll see if Dallas can keep it together for a little longer without another one of its starters.
Shawn Marion will miss the team’s next three games with a sprain to his left medial collateral ligament (MCL), the team announced. The injury occurred in the second half of the Mavericks’ win over the Blazers on Monday.
Dallas hosts the Raptors on Wednesday, then has a road back-to-back in New York and Charlotte. Marion won’t make the trip, and will be reevaluated next week. He’s averaging eight points, nine rebounds, 3.3 assists and 1.3 blocks on the young season, while playing 27 minutes per game.
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 8
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 32
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 25
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 14
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12