Nov 6, 2012, 2:21 PM EDT
The Mavericks are off to a 3-1 start, one that is certainly better than expected considering they’ve played all four of those games without the injured Dirk Nowitzki.
We’ll see if Dallas can keep it together for a little longer without another one of its starters.
Shawn Marion will miss the team’s next three games with a sprain to his left medial collateral ligament (MCL), the team announced. The injury occurred in the second half of the Mavericks’ win over the Blazers on Monday.
Dallas hosts the Raptors on Wednesday, then has a road back-to-back in New York and Charlotte. Marion won’t make the trip, and will be reevaluated next week. He’s averaging eight points, nine rebounds, 3.3 assists and 1.3 blocks on the young season, while playing 27 minutes per game.
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 0
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14