Nov 6, 2012, 2:21 PM EDT
The Mavericks are off to a 3-1 start, one that is certainly better than expected considering they’ve played all four of those games without the injured Dirk Nowitzki.
We’ll see if Dallas can keep it together for a little longer without another one of its starters.
Shawn Marion will miss the team’s next three games with a sprain to his left medial collateral ligament (MCL), the team announced. The injury occurred in the second half of the Mavericks’ win over the Blazers on Monday.
Dallas hosts the Raptors on Wednesday, then has a road back-to-back in New York and Charlotte. Marion won’t make the trip, and will be reevaluated next week. He’s averaging eight points, nine rebounds, 3.3 assists and 1.3 blocks on the young season, while playing 27 minutes per game.
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 0
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 29
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 5
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 60
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2