Nov 6, 2012, 2:21 PM EST
The Mavericks are off to a 3-1 start, one that is certainly better than expected considering they’ve played all four of those games without the injured Dirk Nowitzki.
We’ll see if Dallas can keep it together for a little longer without another one of its starters.
Shawn Marion will miss the team’s next three games with a sprain to his left medial collateral ligament (MCL), the team announced. The injury occurred in the second half of the Mavericks’ win over the Blazers on Monday.
Dallas hosts the Raptors on Wednesday, then has a road back-to-back in New York and Charlotte. Marion won’t make the trip, and will be reevaluated next week. He’s averaging eight points, nine rebounds, 3.3 assists and 1.3 blocks on the young season, while playing 27 minutes per game.
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 4
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 7
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 5
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 31