Nov 6, 2012, 2:21 PM EDT
The Mavericks are off to a 3-1 start, one that is certainly better than expected considering they’ve played all four of those games without the injured Dirk Nowitzki.
We’ll see if Dallas can keep it together for a little longer without another one of its starters.
Shawn Marion will miss the team’s next three games with a sprain to his left medial collateral ligament (MCL), the team announced. The injury occurred in the second half of the Mavericks’ win over the Blazers on Monday.
Dallas hosts the Raptors on Wednesday, then has a road back-to-back in New York and Charlotte. Marion won’t make the trip, and will be reevaluated next week. He’s averaging eight points, nine rebounds, 3.3 assists and 1.3 blocks on the young season, while playing 27 minutes per game.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 15
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23