Nov 6, 2012, 6:15 PM EDT
You know how in college you woke up after about two hours of sleep before the 9 a.m. test you were cramming for most of the night before, and when you got out of bed you were kind of resigned to a “I’ve tried, whatever happens now happens” attitude.
Sounds like Barack Obama is there with the presidential election.
Rather than spending election Tuesday crisscrossing the country trying to rally the troops, he spent the day in Chicago and played some hoops with Scottie Pippen, reports the Chicago Tribune.
At around 1 p.m., Obama’s motorcade arrived at the Hope Athletic Center on Chicago’s West Side, where the president played basketball with staff and friends. Former Illinois Treasurer Alexi Giannoulias tweeted that he was playing on a team with Obama and former Bulls Pippen and Randy Brown. Their team reportedly won by 20 points.
A White House spokeswoman confirmed that Obama also played with brother-in-law and Oregon State basketball coach Craig Robinson, Education Secretary Arne Duncan, White House Assistant Chef Sam Kass, Reggie Love, Mike Ramos and Marty Nesbitt.
Reports are Nate Silver kept the statistics for the game, but Spencer Hawes and Danny Ainge showed up to complain that Silver’s stats were biased toward Obama. (That part is a joke, people.)
Whatever happens with the election, know this — for the rest of his life Obama’s pickup games will be better than yours.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32