Nov 6, 2012, 6:15 PM EST
You know how in college you woke up after about two hours of sleep before the 9 a.m. test you were cramming for most of the night before, and when you got out of bed you were kind of resigned to a “I’ve tried, whatever happens now happens” attitude.
Sounds like Barack Obama is there with the presidential election.
Rather than spending election Tuesday crisscrossing the country trying to rally the troops, he spent the day in Chicago and played some hoops with Scottie Pippen, reports the Chicago Tribune.
At around 1 p.m., Obama’s motorcade arrived at the Hope Athletic Center on Chicago’s West Side, where the president played basketball with staff and friends. Former Illinois Treasurer Alexi Giannoulias tweeted that he was playing on a team with Obama and former Bulls Pippen and Randy Brown. Their team reportedly won by 20 points.
A White House spokeswoman confirmed that Obama also played with brother-in-law and Oregon State basketball coach Craig Robinson, Education Secretary Arne Duncan, White House Assistant Chef Sam Kass, Reggie Love, Mike Ramos and Marty Nesbitt.
Reports are Nate Silver kept the statistics for the game, but Spencer Hawes and Danny Ainge showed up to complain that Silver’s stats were biased toward Obama. (That part is a joke, people.)
Whatever happens with the election, know this — for the rest of his life Obama’s pickup games will be better than yours.
- Derrick Rose leaves Bulls-Nuggets game with hamstring tightness 22
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 18
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23