Nov 6, 2012, 4:48 PM EDT
But we noticed as Shved was putting up 10 points in the fourth quarter for Minnesota to lead their 22-point comeback win over the Nets Monday that he had a new, shorter look going on.
What gives? Is that what caused the comeback?
We don’t know about the second part of that, but we know you can thank Andrei Kirilenko and Nikola Pekovic for the sheering. That’s what Pekovic told Fox Sports North after the win (hat tip to The Basketball Jones).
“You think because of that we win?” Pekovic asked. “Me and AK, we make him to cut his hair. Now he look like a man.”
If you hadn’t seen Shved precut, he went with the Lou Amundson pulled back look. Which is apparently unmanly for men from Russia or former Soviet Bloc countries. Now he has a cut that looks like half the guys at the University of Minnesota. Which I guess is manly.
But if Non… er, Pekovic tells you to get a haircut — or pretty much anything else — you do it. Smart move, rookie.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 8
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 42
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11