Nov 6, 2012, 4:48 PM EDT
But we noticed as Shved was putting up 10 points in the fourth quarter for Minnesota to lead their 22-point comeback win over the Nets Monday that he had a new, shorter look going on.
What gives? Is that what caused the comeback?
We don’t know about the second part of that, but we know you can thank Andrei Kirilenko and Nikola Pekovic for the sheering. That’s what Pekovic told Fox Sports North after the win (hat tip to The Basketball Jones).
“You think because of that we win?” Pekovic asked. “Me and AK, we make him to cut his hair. Now he look like a man.”
If you hadn’t seen Shved precut, he went with the Lou Amundson pulled back look. Which is apparently unmanly for men from Russia or former Soviet Bloc countries. Now he has a cut that looks like half the guys at the University of Minnesota. Which I guess is manly.
But if Non… er, Pekovic tells you to get a haircut — or pretty much anything else — you do it. Smart move, rookie.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32