Nov 6, 2012, 4:48 PM EDT
But we noticed as Shved was putting up 10 points in the fourth quarter for Minnesota to lead their 22-point comeback win over the Nets Monday that he had a new, shorter look going on.
What gives? Is that what caused the comeback?
We don’t know about the second part of that, but we know you can thank Andrei Kirilenko and Nikola Pekovic for the sheering. That’s what Pekovic told Fox Sports North after the win (hat tip to The Basketball Jones).
“You think because of that we win?” Pekovic asked. “Me and AK, we make him to cut his hair. Now he look like a man.”
If you hadn’t seen Shved precut, he went with the Lou Amundson pulled back look. Which is apparently unmanly for men from Russia or former Soviet Bloc countries. Now he has a cut that looks like half the guys at the University of Minnesota. Which I guess is manly.
But if Non… er, Pekovic tells you to get a haircut — or pretty much anything else — you do it. Smart move, rookie.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20