Nov 6, 2012, 2:58 PM EDT
The video clip above tells the story, and it was nothing out of the ordinary, really — the cameraman was where they always seem to be, which is too close to the court in the eyes of (approximately) every single player and coach involved in the game today.
Richardson himself is no different, and being the most recent victim of this unnecessary courtside hazard, became the latest to speak out about it.
“They really don’t belong down there – you see what happens,” said Richardson, who suffered the sprain when he stepped on a cameraman’s foot at Madison Square Garden. “It creates all kinds of problems for players. There’s got to be a better way.”
The photos we get from those courtside photographers are often fantastic, but if we could permanently remove the possibility of injury to the game’s players by relocating these professionals elsewhere, it’s a trade that the fans would almost certainly be willing to make.
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 18
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 13
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 14
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 46
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 21
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record