Nov 6, 2012, 10:50 PM EDT
We’ve covered the release of latest signature shoe from LeBron James, the LeBron X. The best player in the game deserves the highest quality footwear, but the price tag still has some unable to come to terms with the cost associated with that reality.
Add Knicks guard J.R. Smith to that list.
Smith appeared in the video above for SneakerWatch, where he’s asked for his opinion on the “Floridians” colorway of LeBron’s newest kicks.
While J.R. (along with his brother Chris) seemed to genuinely like the shoes, when the subject of price came up, it was a different story.
The fun starts around the two minute mark, and from there on J.R. simply can’t let it go.
“$270?! Hey, do what you gotta do, bro. But MAN,” he says.
Hilarious, especially the part where Chris reminds us common folk that “for y’all, it ain’t the shoes.”
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 1
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 33
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 15
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 36
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 14
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (109)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'