Nov 6, 2012, 11:09 AM EDT
Andrew Bogut started for the Golden State Warriors in a loss to the Kings Monday night. He played 5:16, had four points, 1 assists, 1 block and was a +1.
Then he sat the rest of the first half (and the Warriors were down 6 at the half). He played 13:32 of the second half, including key minutes down the stretch, he finished with a dozen points and was +2 in a game the Warriors lost by 2.
Bogut still isn’t right out on the court following off-season ankle surgery and so the guy who was supposed to anchor the Warriors in the paint played less than 20 minutes on the second night of a back-to-back after being held out the first half.
Bogut admitted to Matt Steinmetz of CSNBayArea.com he’s not right yet. The question becomes what the Warriors are going to do about it.
“I felt OK,” Bogut said. “I’m out there so it is what it is. I’m just trying to get through these next three to four weeks relatively sane.”
The plan for Bogut may actually change some as the Warriors move through November. Originally, the Warriors said Bogut would rest on the second of back-to-back nights, but that could be tweaked, according to (Warriors coach Mark) Jackson.
That sounds like a Band-Aid on the real issue, which is his ankle still really bothers him.
But the Warriors are off to a respectable 2-2 start and if they can hang around .500 while he gets healthy their dreams of a playoff spot this spring are a lot more realistic.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 9
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7