Nov 6, 2012, 11:09 AM EST
Andrew Bogut started for the Golden State Warriors in a loss to the Kings Monday night. He played 5:16, had four points, 1 assists, 1 block and was a +1.
Then he sat the rest of the first half (and the Warriors were down 6 at the half). He played 13:32 of the second half, including key minutes down the stretch, he finished with a dozen points and was +2 in a game the Warriors lost by 2.
Bogut still isn’t right out on the court following off-season ankle surgery and so the guy who was supposed to anchor the Warriors in the paint played less than 20 minutes on the second night of a back-to-back after being held out the first half.
Bogut admitted to Matt Steinmetz of CSNBayArea.com he’s not right yet. The question becomes what the Warriors are going to do about it.
“I felt OK,” Bogut said. “I’m out there so it is what it is. I’m just trying to get through these next three to four weeks relatively sane.”
The plan for Bogut may actually change some as the Warriors move through November. Originally, the Warriors said Bogut would rest on the second of back-to-back nights, but that could be tweaked, according to (Warriors coach Mark) Jackson.
That sounds like a Band-Aid on the real issue, which is his ankle still really bothers him.
But the Warriors are off to a respectable 2-2 start and if they can hang around .500 while he gets healthy their dreams of a playoff spot this spring are a lot more realistic.
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 14
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 7
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 11
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 6
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 30
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (46)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)