Nov 5, 2012, 5:07 PM EDT
That was the rather ridiculous entrance of the Nets new mascot opening night — meet Brooklyn Knight.
You see what they did there: Brooklyn Knight, Brooklynite. Get it? Really clever stuff.
I’m not sure there’s a good way to introduce a mascot, but whatever it might be that wasn’t it. I guess the Nets worked with Marvel Comics to come up with the mascot and he has some…. interesting super powers (according to the team):
“He is equipped to handle almost any threat with a protective metal B on his chest, metal knee, elbow, and face coverings, defined muscles, including a six-pack, and a multi-functional cape.”
I wanted a multi-functional cape with a six-pack, but not quite how they intended it.
Maybe he grows on everybody. If you tried to explain the Phoenix Gorilla to people it would sound stupid, but it just works. We love him. But this guy….
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13