Nov 5, 2012, 5:07 PM EDT
That was the rather ridiculous entrance of the Nets new mascot opening night — meet Brooklyn Knight.
You see what they did there: Brooklyn Knight, Brooklynite. Get it? Really clever stuff.
I’m not sure there’s a good way to introduce a mascot, but whatever it might be that wasn’t it. I guess the Nets worked with Marvel Comics to come up with the mascot and he has some…. interesting super powers (according to the team):
“He is equipped to handle almost any threat with a protective metal B on his chest, metal knee, elbow, and face coverings, defined muscles, including a six-pack, and a multi-functional cape.”
I wanted a multi-functional cape with a six-pack, but not quite how they intended it.
Maybe he grows on everybody. If you tried to explain the Phoenix Gorilla to people it would sound stupid, but it just works. We love him. But this guy….
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 42
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 59
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 26
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 23