Nov 5, 2012, 5:07 PM EDT
That was the rather ridiculous entrance of the Nets new mascot opening night — meet Brooklyn Knight.
You see what they did there: Brooklyn Knight, Brooklynite. Get it? Really clever stuff.
I’m not sure there’s a good way to introduce a mascot, but whatever it might be that wasn’t it. I guess the Nets worked with Marvel Comics to come up with the mascot and he has some…. interesting super powers (according to the team):
“He is equipped to handle almost any threat with a protective metal B on his chest, metal knee, elbow, and face coverings, defined muscles, including a six-pack, and a multi-functional cape.”
I wanted a multi-functional cape with a six-pack, but not quite how they intended it.
Maybe he grows on everybody. If you tried to explain the Phoenix Gorilla to people it would sound stupid, but it just works. We love him. But this guy….
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 0
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 3
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 30
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24