Nov 5, 2012, 5:07 PM EST
That was the rather ridiculous entrance of the Nets new mascot opening night — meet Brooklyn Knight.
You see what they did there: Brooklyn Knight, Brooklynite. Get it? Really clever stuff.
I’m not sure there’s a good way to introduce a mascot, but whatever it might be that wasn’t it. I guess the Nets worked with Marvel Comics to come up with the mascot and he has some…. interesting super powers (according to the team):
“He is equipped to handle almost any threat with a protective metal B on his chest, metal knee, elbow, and face coverings, defined muscles, including a six-pack, and a multi-functional cape.”
I wanted a multi-functional cape with a six-pack, but not quite how they intended it.
Maybe he grows on everybody. If you tried to explain the Phoenix Gorilla to people it would sound stupid, but it just works. We love him. But this guy….
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 14
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2