Nov 5, 2012, 5:07 PM EDT
That was the rather ridiculous entrance of the Nets new mascot opening night — meet Brooklyn Knight.
You see what they did there: Brooklyn Knight, Brooklynite. Get it? Really clever stuff.
I’m not sure there’s a good way to introduce a mascot, but whatever it might be that wasn’t it. I guess the Nets worked with Marvel Comics to come up with the mascot and he has some…. interesting super powers (according to the team):
“He is equipped to handle almost any threat with a protective metal B on his chest, metal knee, elbow, and face coverings, defined muscles, including a six-pack, and a multi-functional cape.”
I wanted a multi-functional cape with a six-pack, but not quite how they intended it.
Maybe he grows on everybody. If you tried to explain the Phoenix Gorilla to people it would sound stupid, but it just works. We love him. But this guy….
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 0
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 12
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 11
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 19
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 7
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36