Nov 5, 2012, 7:07 PM EDT
The Lakers are going to be cautious with Steve Nash and take their time, so if you ask if they will wait a month they will say they will wait a month.
But the original reports of a week or so are more accurate. Here is a tweet from Ken Berger of CBSSports.com that gets to the point.
Latest info from Lakers’ medical staff has Steve Nash missing about 7-10 days, according to a person briefed on the point guard’s prognosis.
— Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) November 5, 2012
The Lakers looked like they started to find their footing against Detroit on Sunday, pounding the ball inside and having Dwight Howard dominate. But they are never really going to find a flow until Nash is back out there with Kobe and Howard and Pau Gasol. So for the Lakers, the sooner the better. But you don’t want to rush things.
Kobe Bryant sat out the Lakers practice on Monday, getting more treatment on the sore right foot he has been playing through, reports Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Daily News.
Lakers Coach Mike Brown said Bryant’s absence doesn’t mean his foot worsened. It’s just that Monday’s 90-minute practice consisted of nothing more than a film session and walk through. Bryant took more efficient use of his time by treating his foot instead….
“I’m not as sore as I was after the last game,” said Bryant, who scored 40 points in the Lakers’ loss Friday to the Clippers in 43 minutes. “My ankle is not as sore. It’s a good thing. We have a tough game in Utah and I have 2 ½ days to try to get to 100%, which it should be.”
Kobe’s shooting 59.7 percent this season, he’s not the guy to worry about on the Lakers right now. If Lakers fans really want to worry about something, watch their bench play.
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 8
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 12
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 10
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11