Nov 5, 2012, 7:07 PM EDT
The Lakers are going to be cautious with Steve Nash and take their time, so if you ask if they will wait a month they will say they will wait a month.
But the original reports of a week or so are more accurate. Here is a tweet from Ken Berger of CBSSports.com that gets to the point.
Latest info from Lakers’ medical staff has Steve Nash missing about 7-10 days, according to a person briefed on the point guard’s prognosis.
— Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) November 5, 2012
The Lakers looked like they started to find their footing against Detroit on Sunday, pounding the ball inside and having Dwight Howard dominate. But they are never really going to find a flow until Nash is back out there with Kobe and Howard and Pau Gasol. So for the Lakers, the sooner the better. But you don’t want to rush things.
Kobe Bryant sat out the Lakers practice on Monday, getting more treatment on the sore right foot he has been playing through, reports Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Daily News.
Lakers Coach Mike Brown said Bryant’s absence doesn’t mean his foot worsened. It’s just that Monday’s 90-minute practice consisted of nothing more than a film session and walk through. Bryant took more efficient use of his time by treating his foot instead….
“I’m not as sore as I was after the last game,” said Bryant, who scored 40 points in the Lakers’ loss Friday to the Clippers in 43 minutes. “My ankle is not as sore. It’s a good thing. We have a tough game in Utah and I have 2 ½ days to try to get to 100%, which it should be.”
Kobe’s shooting 59.7 percent this season, he’s not the guy to worry about on the Lakers right now. If Lakers fans really want to worry about something, watch their bench play.
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 6
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 22
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 23
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 18
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25