Nov 5, 2012, 12:27 PM EST
The Nets won their first game of the season but lost a key player in the process. Late in the the victory over the Raptors, Wallace sprained his ankle and left the game. X-rays were negative, he still isn’t recovered enough to play in tonight’s game vs the Timberwolves:
Wallace is listed as day to day but there’s already a feeling he may miss Wednesday’s game against the Heat. Wallace, still one of the leagues best and most physical wing defenders, would be sorely missed against LeBron James should have to sit out that contest.
That said, what’s important isn’t necessarily a match up in early November — even if it’s with the defending champs — but getting Wallace healthy for a long season. The Nets are no longer looking at simply making the playoffs but to make noise once they’re there. The big picture view is what should matter here and if Wallace happens to be out through this week, the team should be able to survive just fine. Expect Joe Johnson to play more small forward and for Marshon Brooks to get more burn at shooting guard in the process.
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 5
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 17
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 6
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31