Nov 5, 2012, 7:55 AM EDT
When you think NBA timeout music, piano-driven indie rock is not what usually comes to mind… then again, if it stops “Gangnam Style” from being played one more time it would be worth it.
And it may be coming to a Bobcats game soon.
Check out this twitter exchange begun by Ben Folds (of Ben Folds Five):
My band Ben Folds Five are from NC and would like to volunteer to be pit band at a@bobcats game this season
— benjamin folds (@BenFolds) November 5, 2012
@benfolds we hear you loud and clear Ben! DM us so we can exchange info and get the ball rolling…
— Charlotte Bobcats (@bobcats) November 5, 2012
I like it.
Sure, Ben Fold’s biggest hit was “Brick,” which may not be the ideal song title for an NBA team, but in the Bobcats case it may be appropriate. And again, less Gangnam Style is good for all of us.
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 0
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 20
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89