Nov 5, 2012, 7:55 AM EST
When you think NBA timeout music, piano-driven indie rock is not what usually comes to mind… then again, if it stops “Gangnam Style” from being played one more time it would be worth it.
And it may be coming to a Bobcats game soon.
Check out this twitter exchange begun by Ben Folds (of Ben Folds Five):
My band Ben Folds Five are from NC and would like to volunteer to be pit band at a@bobcats game this season
— benjamin folds (@BenFolds) November 5, 2012
@benfolds we hear you loud and clear Ben! DM us so we can exchange info and get the ball rolling…
— Charlotte Bobcats (@bobcats) November 5, 2012
I like it.
Sure, Ben Fold’s biggest hit was “Brick,” which may not be the ideal song title for an NBA team, but in the Bobcats case it may be appropriate. And again, less Gangnam Style is good for all of us.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6