Nov 5, 2012, 7:55 AM EDT
When you think NBA timeout music, piano-driven indie rock is not what usually comes to mind… then again, if it stops “Gangnam Style” from being played one more time it would be worth it.
And it may be coming to a Bobcats game soon.
Check out this twitter exchange begun by Ben Folds (of Ben Folds Five):
My band Ben Folds Five are from NC and would like to volunteer to be pit band at a@bobcats game this season
— benjamin folds (@BenFolds) November 5, 2012
@benfolds we hear you loud and clear Ben! DM us so we can exchange info and get the ball rolling…
— Charlotte Bobcats (@bobcats) November 5, 2012
I like it.
Sure, Ben Fold’s biggest hit was “Brick,” which may not be the ideal song title for an NBA team, but in the Bobcats case it may be appropriate. And again, less Gangnam Style is good for all of us.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 5
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 21
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 26
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 29
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 39
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 29