Nov 5, 2012, 7:55 AM EST
When you think NBA timeout music, piano-driven indie rock is not what usually comes to mind… then again, if it stops “Gangnam Style” from being played one more time it would be worth it.
And it may be coming to a Bobcats game soon.
Check out this twitter exchange begun by Ben Folds (of Ben Folds Five):
My band Ben Folds Five are from NC and would like to volunteer to be pit band at a@bobcats game this season
— benjamin folds (@BenFolds) November 5, 2012
@benfolds we hear you loud and clear Ben! DM us so we can exchange info and get the ball rolling…
— Charlotte Bobcats (@bobcats) November 5, 2012
I like it.
Sure, Ben Fold’s biggest hit was “Brick,” which may not be the ideal song title for an NBA team, but in the Bobcats case it may be appropriate. And again, less Gangnam Style is good for all of us.
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)