Nov 4, 2012, 12:30 PM EST
Among the many things going wrong for a Lakers team looking like it is dealing with information overload this season (they are thinking not just playing), Antawn Jamison has not provided that scoring off the bench the Lakers expected this season.
Like pretty much everything Lakers through three games, he has been a disappointment — he is 3-of-8 shooting for 11 points total, 0-of-3 from beyond the arc and he has really not impacted games at all.
We could chalk this up to Jamison being confused in the Princeton offense like everyone else, except he played in Washington for Eddie Jordan — the Lakers assistant coach and former NBA head man brought in to run the offense.
So what gives?
“I know the offense pretty well, but it’s pretty difficult when one or two guys on the court know where to be at,” Jamison said after the Lakers loss to the Clippers Friday.
But as soon as he said that, he jumped into the “patience” mantra that can be heard throughout the Lakers locker room. And he added he’s not worried about his game, either.
“We all gotta be patient, it’s not about one individual it’s about all of us collectively,” Jamison said. “I think we all gotta be patient and not try to do things outside of our means, and just let it come to us. But it’s frustrating especially when you’re not winning and you want things to happen a little more quickly.
“I think this stretch, it’s hard to say it’s never benefit us in the long run, because we went through some adversity early just trying to get a feel for what to do at both ends of the floor. As far as myself, I’m not worried, it will come. When it comes hopefully it comes at the right time.”
Patience is in short supply in Los Angeles, not so much because the Lakers lost as to how they are doing it. With a softer scheduled stretch of four games coming up — starting with the Pistons Sunday — the Lakers have a chance to get some momentum.
That or really freak Lakers fans out.
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 0
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 1
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 7
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 8
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)