Ginobili “satisfied” with return to Spurs, 8 points in 16 minutes

Nov 4, 2012, 2:01 PM EDT

Marvin Williams, Paul Millsap, Manu Ginobili AP

It wasn’t the kind of performance that would land him in PBT’s “Three Stars of the Night” but for Spurs fans, it was like seeing the North Star and getting a sense of bearing.

Manu Ginobili was back on the court for the Spurs Saturday night during San Antonio’s win over the Jazz, scoring 8 points in 16 minutes of play.

Ginobili was out with back spasms, a condition that can reoccur, so of course the first questions were about how he felt. His answer showed he still has his sense of humor, via Mike Monroe of the Express-News:

“It felt very good,” he said, smiling broadly. “Of course, very happy to be — wait, ‘happy’ is not a word anymore — but I was very satisfied. I was able to play for a few minutes. I felt better than expected….

“My back is a little bit tight, but I’m telling you, not as bad as I thought and not as tight as I thought it was going to be. So, great. Tomorrow I’ll come back to the gym, get some treatment and stretch. But overall, I’m very satisfied.”

That’s good news for the Spurs, who are off to a fast 3-0 start (you expected otherwise?).

It’s still something to monitor, but this should make Spurs fans happy… er, satisfied.

1. goraidersgospurs - Nov 4, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Manu will need to be 100% come playoff time, but far as the team current play goes all I have to say is Keep up the good work Silver & Black!!!

2. skol22 - Nov 4, 2012 at 2:38 PM

GINOBILI!!!!!!!!

3. misterdreamer119 - Nov 4, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Silver and Black is Raider nation. You horsepoke fans can have black and grey.

• letangusespertplus - Nov 4, 2012 at 4:14 PM

raiders have been irrelevant for years.

4. themagicfanguy - Nov 4, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Hmm… Lets see, 4 titles in recent memory for the Spurs. The Raiders… Yeah.

Why can't Lakers have a player-coach?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches