Nov 4, 2012, 2:01 PM EST
It wasn’t the kind of performance that would land him in PBT’s “Three Stars of the Night” but for Spurs fans, it was like seeing the North Star and getting a sense of bearing.
Manu Ginobili was back on the court for the Spurs Saturday night during San Antonio’s win over the Jazz, scoring 8 points in 16 minutes of play.
Ginobili was out with back spasms, a condition that can reoccur, so of course the first questions were about how he felt. His answer showed he still has his sense of humor, via Mike Monroe of the Express-News:
“It felt very good,” he said, smiling broadly. “Of course, very happy to be — wait, ‘happy’ is not a word anymore — but I was very satisfied. I was able to play for a few minutes. I felt better than expected….
“My back is a little bit tight, but I’m telling you, not as bad as I thought and not as tight as I thought it was going to be. So, great. Tomorrow I’ll come back to the gym, get some treatment and stretch. But overall, I’m very satisfied.”
That’s good news for the Spurs, who are off to a fast 3-0 start (you expected otherwise?).
It’s still something to monitor, but this should make Spurs fans happy… er, satisfied.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 15
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)