Nov 4, 2012, 2:01 PM EDT
It wasn’t the kind of performance that would land him in PBT’s “Three Stars of the Night” but for Spurs fans, it was like seeing the North Star and getting a sense of bearing.
Manu Ginobili was back on the court for the Spurs Saturday night during San Antonio’s win over the Jazz, scoring 8 points in 16 minutes of play.
Ginobili was out with back spasms, a condition that can reoccur, so of course the first questions were about how he felt. His answer showed he still has his sense of humor, via Mike Monroe of the Express-News:
“It felt very good,” he said, smiling broadly. “Of course, very happy to be — wait, ‘happy’ is not a word anymore — but I was very satisfied. I was able to play for a few minutes. I felt better than expected….
“My back is a little bit tight, but I’m telling you, not as bad as I thought and not as tight as I thought it was going to be. So, great. Tomorrow I’ll come back to the gym, get some treatment and stretch. But overall, I’m very satisfied.”
That’s good news for the Spurs, who are off to a fast 3-0 start (you expected otherwise?).
It’s still something to monitor, but this should make Spurs fans happy… er, satisfied.
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 3
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 30
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19