Nov 4, 2012, 2:01 PM EDT
It wasn’t the kind of performance that would land him in PBT’s “Three Stars of the Night” but for Spurs fans, it was like seeing the North Star and getting a sense of bearing.
Manu Ginobili was back on the court for the Spurs Saturday night during San Antonio’s win over the Jazz, scoring 8 points in 16 minutes of play.
Ginobili was out with back spasms, a condition that can reoccur, so of course the first questions were about how he felt. His answer showed he still has his sense of humor, via Mike Monroe of the Express-News:
“It felt very good,” he said, smiling broadly. “Of course, very happy to be — wait, ‘happy’ is not a word anymore — but I was very satisfied. I was able to play for a few minutes. I felt better than expected….
“My back is a little bit tight, but I’m telling you, not as bad as I thought and not as tight as I thought it was going to be. So, great. Tomorrow I’ll come back to the gym, get some treatment and stretch. But overall, I’m very satisfied.”
That’s good news for the Spurs, who are off to a fast 3-0 start (you expected otherwise?).
It’s still something to monitor, but this should make Spurs fans happy… er, satisfied.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 10
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 19
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14