Nov 4, 2012, 9:30 AM EST
There was no contract extension for Brandon Jennings by the Oct. 31 deadline, for a variety of reasons. Two games into the season, it seems like Jennings has every intention of making Milwaukee pay, quite literally, for that decision.
In Friday’s win over the Celtics, Jennings notched a career high in both assists (13) and steals (6). He repeated the feat with 13 assists on Saturday, but when the game was on the line, he chose to be a bit more selfish.
The Bucks and the Cavs were tied at 102 with just 0.7 seconds left on the clock, and Milwaukee taking the ball out of bounds. Jennings starts on the low block, then curls up top to receive the pass, with two Cavaliers flying right out with him. Jennings catches, elevates, fades, and launches the game-winner, which swished through the net as time expired.
A ridiculous shot from Jennings, but of greater interest to Bucks fans might be the fact that their point guard is capable of coming through in the clutch, but plays within his position throughout the game, looking to distribute and get his teammates involved before looking for the scoring opportunities himself.
Let’s hope Jennings continues to use the non-extension as motivation as the season goes on, because his performance through these first two games has been an absolute pleasure to watch.
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 9
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 5
- The Extra Pass: Chemistry clicking in Denver as Nuggets beat Nets to win seventh straight, and Tuesday’s recaps 2
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Michael Carter-Williams, Victor Oladipo with dueling rookie triple doubles 5
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 3: We answer twitter questions on Blazers, Pacers vs. Monstars 0
- Kobe Bryant takes to Twitter to defend his contract extension (100)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (50)
- John Wall: ‘I’m the best point guard in the league’ (45)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (39)