Warriors Brandon Rush suffers ugly knee injury

Nov 3, 2012, 12:16 AM EST

Brandon Rush, Shannon Brown AP

Consider this your warning: The is one of those “not for squeamish” injuries. (We’re not running video here but follow this link to see it, just giving you a heads up that you might want to wait if you’ve just eaten.)

Brandon Rush suffered what appeared to be a serious left knee injury in the first quarter of the game against the Grizzlies. He had to be carried off the court and the team announced he will undergo an MRI on Saturday to determine the level of damage, reports Matt Steinmetz at CSNBayArea.com.

Rush was attacking the rim going up for a huge dunk when he was bumped while in the air by the Grizzlies’ Zach Randolph. Rush landed awkwardly on his left knee and instantly grabbed it and appeared in serious pain. He tried to stand and instantly collapsed back down to the floor.

Let’s put it this way — if it is announced Saturday he dislocated his knee I wouldn’t be shocked. It was that bad.

Rush took a leap forward with his game last season, becoming a solid part of the Warriors rotation, averaging 9.8 points a game and shooting 45 percent from three. The Warriors signed him this summer to a two-year, $8 million deal.

The Warriors, with Stephen Curry and Andrew Bogut and too many others to name, have seemed a team snake bit by injuries. This fits right in with that.

1. bleedburgandyandgold - Nov 3, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Didn’t look as nasty as what happened to Marcus lattimore that one made me cringe

2. beavertonsteve - Nov 3, 2012 at 3:03 AM

If you mention knee injuries and basketball all I can think of is Shaun Livingston.

3. BigBeachBall - Nov 3, 2012 at 5:43 AM

I dislocated my knee and the bone was sticking out of the skin… everybody in the stands were puking on each other including some players….

• troy10 - Nov 3, 2012 at 1:16 PM

ahhh… is this where we all write down our past knee injuries to validate our athletic ability?

• BigBeachBall - Nov 3, 2012 at 1:42 PM

then I broke my elbow one time and it flipped back like spagetti about 20 degrees the wrong way.. wish I had pictures of that one..

• hojo20 - Nov 3, 2012 at 9:09 PM

I tore my ACL after a Nerf dunk. I tried a 720 spin move off my bed and landed awkwardly.

4. cosanostra71 - Nov 3, 2012 at 3:05 PM

get better soon Branding, looked painful hope he is feeling ok

Can Rockets, Grizzlies keep up hot starts?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches