Nov 3, 2012, 12:16 AM EDT
Consider this your warning: The is one of those “not for squeamish” injuries. (We’re not running video here but follow this link to see it, just giving you a heads up that you might want to wait if you’ve just eaten.)
Brandon Rush suffered what appeared to be a serious left knee injury in the first quarter of the game against the Grizzlies. He had to be carried off the court and the team announced he will undergo an MRI on Saturday to determine the level of damage, reports Matt Steinmetz at CSNBayArea.com.
Rush was attacking the rim going up for a huge dunk when he was bumped while in the air by the Grizzlies’ Zach Randolph. Rush landed awkwardly on his left knee and instantly grabbed it and appeared in serious pain. He tried to stand and instantly collapsed back down to the floor.
Let’s put it this way — if it is announced Saturday he dislocated his knee I wouldn’t be shocked. It was that bad.
Rush took a leap forward with his game last season, becoming a solid part of the Warriors rotation, averaging 9.8 points a game and shooting 45 percent from three. The Warriors signed him this summer to a two-year, $8 million deal.
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 10
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 9
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 40
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73