Nov 3, 2012, 12:16 AM EDT
Consider this your warning: The is one of those “not for squeamish” injuries. (We’re not running video here but follow this link to see it, just giving you a heads up that you might want to wait if you’ve just eaten.)
Brandon Rush suffered what appeared to be a serious left knee injury in the first quarter of the game against the Grizzlies. He had to be carried off the court and the team announced he will undergo an MRI on Saturday to determine the level of damage, reports Matt Steinmetz at CSNBayArea.com.
Rush was attacking the rim going up for a huge dunk when he was bumped while in the air by the Grizzlies’ Zach Randolph. Rush landed awkwardly on his left knee and instantly grabbed it and appeared in serious pain. He tried to stand and instantly collapsed back down to the floor.
Let’s put it this way — if it is announced Saturday he dislocated his knee I wouldn’t be shocked. It was that bad.
Rush took a leap forward with his game last season, becoming a solid part of the Warriors rotation, averaging 9.8 points a game and shooting 45 percent from three. The Warriors signed him this summer to a two-year, $8 million deal.
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 1
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 4
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 7
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 96
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 12
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (96)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'