Nov 3, 2012, 12:16 AM EDT
Consider this your warning: The is one of those “not for squeamish” injuries. (We’re not running video here but follow this link to see it, just giving you a heads up that you might want to wait if you’ve just eaten.)
Brandon Rush suffered what appeared to be a serious left knee injury in the first quarter of the game against the Grizzlies. He had to be carried off the court and the team announced he will undergo an MRI on Saturday to determine the level of damage, reports Matt Steinmetz at CSNBayArea.com.
Rush was attacking the rim going up for a huge dunk when he was bumped while in the air by the Grizzlies’ Zach Randolph. Rush landed awkwardly on his left knee and instantly grabbed it and appeared in serious pain. He tried to stand and instantly collapsed back down to the floor.
Let’s put it this way — if it is announced Saturday he dislocated his knee I wouldn’t be shocked. It was that bad.
Rush took a leap forward with his game last season, becoming a solid part of the Warriors rotation, averaging 9.8 points a game and shooting 45 percent from three. The Warriors signed him this summer to a two-year, $8 million deal.
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 0
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 78
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 8
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 45
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17