Nov 3, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
We don’t really think of Kevin Durant as a skilled ball-handler, specifically. He’s certainly one of the smoothest scorers in the game, and can explode to the rim for a dunk in traffic just as easily as he can pull up for a quick-release three-pointer from distance.
Maybe this play will help get Durant’s handles a little more publicity.
Just as Durant passes half court with the ball, you can seeing him begin to set up his defender, Sasha Pavlovic. One quick move and Pavlovic is dropped, but Durant isn’t finished yet.
He could have pulled up for a floater, a shot that he can hit at a fairly high percentage. But continuing on the point guard track, he sees a cutting Nick Collison along the baseline, so he dishes a perfect and quick bounce pass that results in the easy slam.
Durant has proven to be enough of a problem already as the league’s leading scorer over the past three seasons. If he decides to focus on distributing like this a little more in the future, there will truly be no way of stopping him.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 28
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 44
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4