Nov 3, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
We don’t really think of Kevin Durant as a skilled ball-handler, specifically. He’s certainly one of the smoothest scorers in the game, and can explode to the rim for a dunk in traffic just as easily as he can pull up for a quick-release three-pointer from distance.
Maybe this play will help get Durant’s handles a little more publicity.
Just as Durant passes half court with the ball, you can seeing him begin to set up his defender, Sasha Pavlovic. One quick move and Pavlovic is dropped, but Durant isn’t finished yet.
He could have pulled up for a floater, a shot that he can hit at a fairly high percentage. But continuing on the point guard track, he sees a cutting Nick Collison along the baseline, so he dishes a perfect and quick bounce pass that results in the easy slam.
Durant has proven to be enough of a problem already as the league’s leading scorer over the past three seasons. If he decides to focus on distributing like this a little more in the future, there will truly be no way of stopping him.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50