Nov 3, 2012, 7:00 PM EST
We don’t really think of Kevin Durant as a skilled ball-handler, specifically. He’s certainly one of the smoothest scorers in the game, and can explode to the rim for a dunk in traffic just as easily as he can pull up for a quick-release three-pointer from distance.
Maybe this play will help get Durant’s handles a little more publicity.
Just as Durant passes half court with the ball, you can seeing him begin to set up his defender, Sasha Pavlovic. One quick move and Pavlovic is dropped, but Durant isn’t finished yet.
He could have pulled up for a floater, a shot that he can hit at a fairly high percentage. But continuing on the point guard track, he sees a cutting Nick Collison along the baseline, so he dishes a perfect and quick bounce pass that results in the easy slam.
Durant has proven to be enough of a problem already as the league’s leading scorer over the past three seasons. If he decides to focus on distributing like this a little more in the future, there will truly be no way of stopping him.
- Mike D’Antoni: Chances “pretty good” Kobe plays Sunday… he sold that short 3
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 11
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 17
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)