Nov 3, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
Kevin Garnett is a different dude. Now in his eighteenth NBA season, if you didn’t know this by now, you’re clearly new to things. Let us welcome you, then, to the wonderful world of KG, and how he sees the game through specially-colored glasses.
After the Celtics fell to 0-2 on the young season in a blowout home loss to the Bucks, Garnett felt it was time to showcase some of his veteran leadership skills. Apparently he gave his teammates a postgame pep-talk to try to snap them out of the early-season funk.
The theme of this talk? Hyenas. Naturally.
Here’s what Garnett said about it once the media arrived, via Chris Forsberg of ESPNBoston.com:
“Hyenas. Running in packs means that we help each other,” he said. “Since I’ve been here, we’ve built the code on what these great organizations have been built on — and that’s history. And that’s gained not by individual, but by team. And I just spoke upon that with everybody in here, without the coaches and everybody. Just letting all the new guys know what it is to be a [Celtic], reiterating that and letting them understand the severity of putting this jersey on and everything that comes with it. I won’t go into that — it’s none of y’all business — but I had to reiterate it tonight. I thought tonight was the perfect night to do that.”
It really is none of y’all business, and Garnett probably couldn’t care less whether we get where he was going with this or not. It’s the response from his teammates that matters, so maybe those on the inside that heard the entire thing will be able to translate that into something useful from a team basketball perspective.
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 2
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 0
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 19
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 28
- Report: Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy won’t be suspended for Game 1 against Cavaliers 22
- PBT Extra: Can Clippers build on Game 6 win? 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Derrick Rose got it done on both ends in first round 2
- Hawks eliminate Nets from playoffs with blowout victory in Game 6 9