Nov 3, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
The way Brandon Rush reacted immediately following his ugly knee injury in the first quarter of the Warriors’ Friday night loss to the Grizzlies, it was easy to fear the worst. On Saturday, the team confirmed it.
Rush is expected to be out for the season with a torn ACL, according to his agent Mark Bartlestein. From the San Francisco Chronicle:
“It’s devastating, but we’ll put a plan together with the Warriors’ medical team, and we’ll get him back to 100 percent,” Bartelstein said. Most athletes miss between nine and 12 months after ACL surgery. “He’s crushed, as you would expect, but he’s a hard worker, and we’re going to get this right.”
Rush came down awkwardly after being hit in mid-air by Zach Randolph, and seemed to immediately know the extent of his injury. He suffered an ACL tear to his right knee while in playing in college.
Rush was more than solid in his team’s season-opening win in Phoenix, where he scored 14 points off the bench in 24 minutes. He’s doing his best to stay positive.
Been thru this before. Just gonna make me a all around better player #Warriors
— Brandon Rush (@KCsFinest4) November 3, 2012
- Eastern Conference Finals preview: Pacers vs. Heat 0
- Clippers let go of Vinny Del Negro as coach 16
- Durant donates $1 million to Oklahoma City tornado disaster relief efforts 11
- Odds for the NBA Draft Lottery (that teams don’t care if they win) 9
- Jim Boeheim says Knicks problem is not Carmelo, it’s everyone else 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'