Nov 3, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
The way Brandon Rush reacted immediately following his ugly knee injury in the first quarter of the Warriors’ Friday night loss to the Grizzlies, it was easy to fear the worst. On Saturday, the team confirmed it.
Rush is expected to be out for the season with a torn ACL, according to his agent Mark Bartlestein. From the San Francisco Chronicle:
“It’s devastating, but we’ll put a plan together with the Warriors’ medical team, and we’ll get him back to 100 percent,” Bartelstein said. Most athletes miss between nine and 12 months after ACL surgery. “He’s crushed, as you would expect, but he’s a hard worker, and we’re going to get this right.”
Rush came down awkwardly after being hit in mid-air by Zach Randolph, and seemed to immediately know the extent of his injury. He suffered an ACL tear to his right knee while in playing in college.
Rush was more than solid in his team’s season-opening win in Phoenix, where he scored 14 points off the bench in 24 minutes. He’s doing his best to stay positive.
Been thru this before. Just gonna make me a all around better player #Warriors
— Brandon Rush (@KCsFinest4) November 3, 2012
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 7
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 8
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 39
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73