Nov 3, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
The way Brandon Rush reacted immediately following his ugly knee injury in the first quarter of the Warriors’ Friday night loss to the Grizzlies, it was easy to fear the worst. On Saturday, the team confirmed it.
Rush is expected to be out for the season with a torn ACL, according to his agent Mark Bartlestein. From the San Francisco Chronicle:
“It’s devastating, but we’ll put a plan together with the Warriors’ medical team, and we’ll get him back to 100 percent,” Bartelstein said. Most athletes miss between nine and 12 months after ACL surgery. “He’s crushed, as you would expect, but he’s a hard worker, and we’re going to get this right.”
Rush came down awkwardly after being hit in mid-air by Zach Randolph, and seemed to immediately know the extent of his injury. He suffered an ACL tear to his right knee while in playing in college.
Rush was more than solid in his team’s season-opening win in Phoenix, where he scored 14 points off the bench in 24 minutes. He’s doing his best to stay positive.
Been thru this before. Just gonna make me a all around better player #Warriors
— Brandon Rush (@KCsFinest4) November 3, 2012
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 22
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 26
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4