Nov 3, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
The way Brandon Rush reacted immediately following his ugly knee injury in the first quarter of the Warriors’ Friday night loss to the Grizzlies, it was easy to fear the worst. On Saturday, the team confirmed it.
Rush is expected to be out for the season with a torn ACL, according to his agent Mark Bartlestein. From the San Francisco Chronicle:
“It’s devastating, but we’ll put a plan together with the Warriors’ medical team, and we’ll get him back to 100 percent,” Bartelstein said. Most athletes miss between nine and 12 months after ACL surgery. “He’s crushed, as you would expect, but he’s a hard worker, and we’re going to get this right.”
Rush came down awkwardly after being hit in mid-air by Zach Randolph, and seemed to immediately know the extent of his injury. He suffered an ACL tear to his right knee while in playing in college.
Rush was more than solid in his team’s season-opening win in Phoenix, where he scored 14 points off the bench in 24 minutes. He’s doing his best to stay positive.
Been thru this before. Just gonna make me a all around better player #Warriors
— Brandon Rush (@KCsFinest4) November 3, 2012
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48