Nov 2, 2012, 9:44 AM EDT
Antonio McDyess, last seen coming off the Spurs bench and playing respectably if not well, is thinking about returning to the NBA after a year off.
With teams always looking for help along the front line, and with his reputation as being good in the locker room, the 6’9” McDyess might get some attention. Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports has the story.
McDyess, 38, has been working out in Houston and has instructed his agent, Andy Miller, to gauge league interest in him.
“He would consider coming back and I will be reaching out to select teams,” Miller told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday night.
He’s not going to put up monster numbers — his last season in San Antonio at age 36 he played 19 minutes a night and averaged 5.3 points and 5.4 rebounds, with a PER of 12.8 — but a lot of teams would consider that because he’s seen as reliable.
It’s likely he wants to go to a team competing for a title or at least a good team, he’s not doing this to be the old guy in the locker room of a rebuilding team.
We’ll see if this goes anywhere. There also still is Kenyon Martin out there on the market but he wants a mini mid-level contract ($3 million) or more, where McDyess has to understand he’s a veteran minimum player at this point.
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 1
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 12
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 5
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 9
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (68)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (60)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million