Nov 2, 2012, 3:12 PM EST
Officially Steve Nash is still listed as doubtful and is a game-time decision for the Lakers when they take on the Clippers Friday night.
But if you just want to go ahead and move him into the “not going to play” column, go ahead. Nobody is going to blame you.
Here is what Mike Bresnahan of the Los Angeles Times tweeted from shootaround:
It “doesn’t look good” for Steve Nash playing tonight vs. Clippers, says Lakers Coach Mike Brown. Everybody ready for Steve Blake?
— Mike Bresnahan (@Mike_Bresnahan) November 2, 2012
“More Steve Blake” is just not something you hear Lakers fans say. Ever.
Nash ended up with a pretty bad contusion on his shin from an incidental run in with Blazers point guard Damian Lillard. This is not something serious, but early in the season it’s not what you push your 38-year-old point guard to play through, either. Blake and Chris Duhon will get more run. Dwight Howard offered himself up for the job, tweets Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Daily News.
Dwight Howard joked he will start at point guard with Nash’s possible absence. Howard called himself “Tragic Johnson”
— Mark Medina (@MedinaLakersNBA) November 2, 2012
Dwight, that wasn’t not funny. Just so we’re clear.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 25
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8