Nov 2, 2012, 3:12 PM EDT
Officially Steve Nash is still listed as doubtful and is a game-time decision for the Lakers when they take on the Clippers Friday night.
But if you just want to go ahead and move him into the “not going to play” column, go ahead. Nobody is going to blame you.
Here is what Mike Bresnahan of the Los Angeles Times tweeted from shootaround:
It “doesn’t look good” for Steve Nash playing tonight vs. Clippers, says Lakers Coach Mike Brown. Everybody ready for Steve Blake?
— Mike Bresnahan (@Mike_Bresnahan) November 2, 2012
“More Steve Blake” is just not something you hear Lakers fans say. Ever.
Nash ended up with a pretty bad contusion on his shin from an incidental run in with Blazers point guard Damian Lillard. This is not something serious, but early in the season it’s not what you push your 38-year-old point guard to play through, either. Blake and Chris Duhon will get more run. Dwight Howard offered himself up for the job, tweets Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Daily News.
Dwight Howard joked he will start at point guard with Nash’s possible absence. Howard called himself “Tragic Johnson”
— Mark Medina (@MedinaLakersNBA) November 2, 2012
Dwight, that wasn’t not funny. Just so we’re clear.
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 4
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 7
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 26
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 21
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4