Nov 2, 2012, 10:34 PM EDT
Because what the Orlando Magic could really afford to lose one of the few proven scorers on their roster….
Orlando will be without Hedo Turkoglu for a little while after he broke his left — non-shooting — hand against the Nuggets on Friday, reports Joshua Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel. It happened in the third quarter but even the Magic say they don’t know how it happened. Which is a sign of just what kind of year it is shaping up to be in Orlando.
There is no timetable for Turkoglu’s return to the court, the Magic said he will be re-evaluated over the weekend.
This may hasten the Mo Harkless era in Orlando — he has not played or even practiced with the team in full contact since his sports hernia surgery, but the Magic don’t have a lot of depth on the wing right now. J.J. Redick almost didn’t suit up Friday due to his hip (he did and dropped 21), DeQuuan Jones sat out with an abdomen issue, and there isn’t much else. Orlando could go small with Redick a the two and Arron Afflalo at the three for stretches when Redick is healthy enough to go.
You can’t envy coach Jacque Vaughn, he was already playing with a short deck and the injury bug has already bitten Orlando.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 30
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 45
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4