Nov 2, 2012, 10:34 PM EDT
Because what the Orlando Magic could really afford to lose one of the few proven scorers on their roster….
Orlando will be without Hedo Turkoglu for a little while after he broke his left — non-shooting — hand against the Nuggets on Friday, reports Joshua Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel. It happened in the third quarter but even the Magic say they don’t know how it happened. Which is a sign of just what kind of year it is shaping up to be in Orlando.
There is no timetable for Turkoglu’s return to the court, the Magic said he will be re-evaluated over the weekend.
This may hasten the Mo Harkless era in Orlando — he has not played or even practiced with the team in full contact since his sports hernia surgery, but the Magic don’t have a lot of depth on the wing right now. J.J. Redick almost didn’t suit up Friday due to his hip (he did and dropped 21), DeQuuan Jones sat out with an abdomen issue, and there isn’t much else. Orlando could go small with Redick a the two and Arron Afflalo at the three for stretches when Redick is healthy enough to go.
You can’t envy coach Jacque Vaughn, he was already playing with a short deck and the injury bug has already bitten Orlando.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 18
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona