Nov 2, 2012, 10:34 PM EDT
Because what the Orlando Magic could really afford to lose one of the few proven scorers on their roster….
Orlando will be without Hedo Turkoglu for a little while after he broke his left — non-shooting — hand against the Nuggets on Friday, reports Joshua Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel. It happened in the third quarter but even the Magic say they don’t know how it happened. Which is a sign of just what kind of year it is shaping up to be in Orlando.
There is no timetable for Turkoglu’s return to the court, the Magic said he will be re-evaluated over the weekend.
This may hasten the Mo Harkless era in Orlando — he has not played or even practiced with the team in full contact since his sports hernia surgery, but the Magic don’t have a lot of depth on the wing right now. J.J. Redick almost didn’t suit up Friday due to his hip (he did and dropped 21), DeQuuan Jones sat out with an abdomen issue, and there isn’t much else. Orlando could go small with Redick a the two and Arron Afflalo at the three for stretches when Redick is healthy enough to go.
You can’t envy coach Jacque Vaughn, he was already playing with a short deck and the injury bug has already bitten Orlando.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 16
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14