Nov 2, 2012, 12:05 PM EDT
Nobody is sure what is going on with Eric Gordon’s knee. Not the doctors, they seem to say there is no structural damage (at least according to GM Del Demps). Not Eric Gordon, he says he had a setback but is vague and talking about more information coming in.
Certainly not the fans in New Orleans, who see a guy who got a max deal, asked the team not to keep him this summer and has a structurally sound knee but won’t take the court.
But Eric Gordon has never seemed the “I’m not going to play because I’m mad” kind of guy. He’s a competitor. And there are not many better spots to be than on an up-and-coming Hornets team right now.
We may not know what is going on exactly, but we can rule one thing out one thing — he’s not trying to get traded. From Ken Berger at CBSSports.com.
The only thing missing from the confusing saga over Eric Gordon’s mysterious knee injury is a good, old-fashioned trade request. And neither Gordon nor his agent has made one, a league source told CBSSports.com.
I still feel like I’m looking at a puzzle with some missing pieces. We’d all like answers, but they may be longer in coming than this weekend Berger notes.
The Hornets have consulted other medical opinions and are evaluating all the information they have on Gordon’s injury. And while Gordon said on more than one occasion Thursday that some decisions will be made by this weekend, it seems likely to take longer than that — weeks, rather than days. With so much invested in Gordon, the Hornets will err on the side of making the best decision for the long term.
About the only thing I’m sure of is when Gordon does return he’s got a locker room and a city to win over. And that’s going to take more than just some good play on the court.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 9
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 7
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 24
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 18
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 5
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games