Nov 2, 2012, 12:05 PM EDT
Nobody is sure what is going on with Eric Gordon’s knee. Not the doctors, they seem to say there is no structural damage (at least according to GM Del Demps). Not Eric Gordon, he says he had a setback but is vague and talking about more information coming in.
Certainly not the fans in New Orleans, who see a guy who got a max deal, asked the team not to keep him this summer and has a structurally sound knee but won’t take the court.
But Eric Gordon has never seemed the “I’m not going to play because I’m mad” kind of guy. He’s a competitor. And there are not many better spots to be than on an up-and-coming Hornets team right now.
We may not know what is going on exactly, but we can rule one thing out one thing — he’s not trying to get traded. From Ken Berger at CBSSports.com.
The only thing missing from the confusing saga over Eric Gordon’s mysterious knee injury is a good, old-fashioned trade request. And neither Gordon nor his agent has made one, a league source told CBSSports.com.
I still feel like I’m looking at a puzzle with some missing pieces. We’d all like answers, but they may be longer in coming than this weekend Berger notes.
The Hornets have consulted other medical opinions and are evaluating all the information they have on Gordon’s injury. And while Gordon said on more than one occasion Thursday that some decisions will be made by this weekend, it seems likely to take longer than that — weeks, rather than days. With so much invested in Gordon, the Hornets will err on the side of making the best decision for the long term.
About the only thing I’m sure of is when Gordon does return he’s got a locker room and a city to win over. And that’s going to take more than just some good play on the court.
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91