Nov 2, 2012, 4:20 PM EDT
The Milwaukee Bucks miss Luc Richard Mbah a Moute. They want him back, the healthy Mbah a Moute from a couple seasons ago. The one that is near the top of wing defenders in the league. The one that does the little things on offense, cutting baseline off the ball while the defense is still focused on Brandon Jennings. They wanted him bad enough that they matched an offer sheet from Denver to keep him this summer.
But it’s going to be at least a couple more weeks before they get him back from off-season knee surgery.
That from Gery Woelfel of the Journal Times.
Luc Mbah a Moute told me he won’t be ready to play for a “few weeks.” The Bucks forward would thus miss eight games.
— Gery Woelfel (@GeryWoelfel) November 2, 2012
That’s not out of line following knee surgery. You don’t want to rush a guy back, especially a guy you just committed to four years with in a new deal (at a reasonable $19 million). Better to wait. Not that being patient is any fun. It sucks. But it’s the best play sometimes.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 12
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36