Nov 2, 2012, 4:20 PM EDT
The Milwaukee Bucks miss Luc Richard Mbah a Moute. They want him back, the healthy Mbah a Moute from a couple seasons ago. The one that is near the top of wing defenders in the league. The one that does the little things on offense, cutting baseline off the ball while the defense is still focused on Brandon Jennings. They wanted him bad enough that they matched an offer sheet from Denver to keep him this summer.
But it’s going to be at least a couple more weeks before they get him back from off-season knee surgery.
That from Gery Woelfel of the Journal Times.
Luc Mbah a Moute told me he won’t be ready to play for a “few weeks.” The Bucks forward would thus miss eight games.
— Gery Woelfel (@GeryWoelfel) November 2, 2012
That’s not out of line following knee surgery. You don’t want to rush a guy back, especially a guy you just committed to four years with in a new deal (at a reasonable $19 million). Better to wait. Not that being patient is any fun. It sucks. But it’s the best play sometimes.
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 60
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89