Nov 2, 2012, 4:20 PM EDT
The Milwaukee Bucks miss Luc Richard Mbah a Moute. They want him back, the healthy Mbah a Moute from a couple seasons ago. The one that is near the top of wing defenders in the league. The one that does the little things on offense, cutting baseline off the ball while the defense is still focused on Brandon Jennings. They wanted him bad enough that they matched an offer sheet from Denver to keep him this summer.
But it’s going to be at least a couple more weeks before they get him back from off-season knee surgery.
That from Gery Woelfel of the Journal Times.
Luc Mbah a Moute told me he won’t be ready to play for a “few weeks.” The Bucks forward would thus miss eight games.
— Gery Woelfel (@GeryWoelfel) November 2, 2012
That’s not out of line following knee surgery. You don’t want to rush a guy back, especially a guy you just committed to four years with in a new deal (at a reasonable $19 million). Better to wait. Not that being patient is any fun. It sucks. But it’s the best play sometimes.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 10
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 6
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 52
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 29
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 21