Nov 2, 2012, 4:20 PM EDT
The Milwaukee Bucks miss Luc Richard Mbah a Moute. They want him back, the healthy Mbah a Moute from a couple seasons ago. The one that is near the top of wing defenders in the league. The one that does the little things on offense, cutting baseline off the ball while the defense is still focused on Brandon Jennings. They wanted him bad enough that they matched an offer sheet from Denver to keep him this summer.
But it’s going to be at least a couple more weeks before they get him back from off-season knee surgery.
That from Gery Woelfel of the Journal Times.
Luc Mbah a Moute told me he won’t be ready to play for a “few weeks.” The Bucks forward would thus miss eight games.
— Gery Woelfel (@GeryWoelfel) November 2, 2012
That’s not out of line following knee surgery. You don’t want to rush a guy back, especially a guy you just committed to four years with in a new deal (at a reasonable $19 million). Better to wait. Not that being patient is any fun. It sucks. But it’s the best play sometimes.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 19
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49