Nov 2, 2012, 2:52 PM EDT
Andrew Bogut is back on an NBA court — he played 18 minutes for the Warriors in their season opener against Phoenix, hitting four of his six shots and adding six rebounds, generally playing pretty well.
But the Warriors are going to go slow with Bogut, not rush him back. They have to think long term.
So Bogut will not play in the second game of back-to-backs, at least not yet, Warriors coach Mark Jackson told Matt Steinmentz of CSNBayArea.com. So he will suit up against Memphis on Friday but not the Clippers on Saturday.
“Right now that’s the thinking,” Jackson said after Thursday’s practice. “That’s the way we’re going to go right now until something else happens. But we’re looking forward to him playing (vs. Memphis)….
“Just look at the schedule,” was how Jackson responded, when asked how those decisions are made. “That’s basically it. You look at this one. After a break (Thursday), we play tomorrow. So it makes sense. But we’ll also see how he feels the day of the game. If he comes in (Friday) and doesn’t feel right, then he won’t play. So, we’ll play it by ear and once again be true to the process.”
Golden State has its eyes on the playoffs, but it’s going to take both Bogut and Stephen Curry being healthy for around 70 games to make that happen. Taking it slow sounds good but the Warriors need Bogut to up his minutes as the season wears on.
- It’s done: Kevin Love traded to Cavaliers, Andrew Wiggins headed to Minnesota in three-team deal 2
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 5
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 28
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 80
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54