Nov 2, 2012, 10:11 AM EST
Half the league (or more) wear shoes with Michael Jordan’s silhouette on them. A handful of guys have their own signature shoes to lace up.
Then there is Toronto’s Amir Johnson, who took the floor in the opener wearing custom Nike’s with his own face on them (hat tip to The Basketball Jones for noticing this). There is the game photo to the left and the photo that Johnson himself sent out on Instagram below.
Not really the best likeness ever, so we’re going to go with Johnson’s word that it is him and he’s not playing homage to Carlos Boozer.
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 7
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 9
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9