Nov 2, 2012, 10:11 AM EDT
Half the league (or more) wear shoes with Michael Jordan’s silhouette on them. A handful of guys have their own signature shoes to lace up.
Then there is Toronto’s Amir Johnson, who took the floor in the opener wearing custom Nike’s with his own face on them (hat tip to The Basketball Jones for noticing this). There is the game photo to the left and the photo that Johnson himself sent out on Instagram below.
Not really the best likeness ever, so we’re going to go with Johnson’s word that it is him and he’s not playing homage to Carlos Boozer.
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 3
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 14
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 12
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 9