Nov 2, 2012, 10:11 AM EDT
Half the league (or more) wear shoes with Michael Jordan’s silhouette on them. A handful of guys have their own signature shoes to lace up.
Then there is Toronto’s Amir Johnson, who took the floor in the opener wearing custom Nike’s with his own face on them (hat tip to The Basketball Jones for noticing this). There is the game photo to the left and the photo that Johnson himself sent out on Instagram below.
Not really the best likeness ever, so we’re going to go with Johnson’s word that it is him and he’s not playing homage to Carlos Boozer.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 7
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10