Nov 2, 2012, 10:11 AM EDT
Half the league (or more) wear shoes with Michael Jordan’s silhouette on them. A handful of guys have their own signature shoes to lace up.
Then there is Toronto’s Amir Johnson, who took the floor in the opener wearing custom Nike’s with his own face on them (hat tip to The Basketball Jones for noticing this). There is the game photo to the left and the photo that Johnson himself sent out on Instagram below.
Not really the best likeness ever, so we’re going to go with Johnson’s word that it is him and he’s not playing homage to Carlos Boozer.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 1
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 2
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 14
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11