Nov 2, 2012, 10:11 AM EDT
Half the league (or more) wear shoes with Michael Jordan’s silhouette on them. A handful of guys have their own signature shoes to lace up.
Then there is Toronto’s Amir Johnson, who took the floor in the opener wearing custom Nike’s with his own face on them (hat tip to The Basketball Jones for noticing this). There is the game photo to the left and the photo that Johnson himself sent out on Instagram below.
Not really the best likeness ever, so we’re going to go with Johnson’s word that it is him and he’s not playing homage to Carlos Boozer.
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 0
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 5
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Roy Hibbert believes Shane Battier’s knee to his groin in Game 1 was intentional (60)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million