Video: Jamal Crawford breaks Rudy Gay’s ankles

Nov 1, 2012, 8:30 AM EDT

There were plenty of highlights from the first big night of games in the NBA, but this is my favorite.

Crawford dropped 29 and was a key reason the Clippers opened their season with a win. Which is nice to see one team in Los Angeles doing.

1. teamobijuan - Nov 1, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Meh.

2. moseskkim - Nov 1, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I agree, meh.

3. circuscivics - Nov 1, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Kurt, that wasn’t a crossover that got Rudy’s ankles to behave as if they were in quicksand. It was a hesitation dribble. there is a difference in crossover and hesitation dribble. crossover=left to right or vice versa. hesitation=quick pause in dribble rhythm. isn’t this common knowledge? smh

• qdog112 - Nov 1, 2012 at 2:52 PM

When executed properly, the result of each move is virtually the same. It cripples the defender by making a double move with the ball. You can vice versa all you want.

• raidmagic - Nov 1, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Straight from the article, read much?

” Jamal Crawford has long had one of the better crossovers in the NBA and if you think he’s lost his touch, I think you should go ask Rudy Gay. Although, this was more of a really sweet hesitation move.”

4. fm31970 - Nov 1, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I didn’t see Crawford do anything to Gay. It looked like Rudy’s left ankle didn’t fully plant and he rolled it.

*unimpressed*

5. progress2011 - Nov 1, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Ahahahahaha….Can’t wait til Friday !

When the Clips WHOOP their little sisters, in the Staples Center. Jamal is gonna outscore the entire Laker bench !

ahahahaha

6. rocirius - Nov 1, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Is it just me, or is the use of the non-word “meh” extremely annoying to most people? I assume it is being used to convey ambivalence, or maybe to indicate that a person is unimpressed. Why take the time to post if that’s the case?

I’m sure at least one person will follow this comment with a reply of meh just to annoy me further, lol.

• moseskkim - Nov 1, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Meh, haha. It might just be you. It’s not that big of a deal. Just expected a crazy crossover and got something subpar. Saw 1st comment and it accurately depicted how I felt, meh. I took the 3 seconds of my time to comment how I felt about the video. That is all.

7. circuscivics - Nov 4, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Kurt, you correct your mistakes without making a correction notation at the end of the article and when I point out your lack of journalistic integrity, you remove my comment. You have no shame dude. Everyone makes mistakes, but at least if make a notation at the end of the article if you go back and correct your mistakes. it’s called integrity.

Handing out NBA's postseason awards