Nov 1, 2012, 5:52 PM EDT
Well, this isn’t going to help the Lakers get things figured out.
Steve Nash is officially listed as “doubtful” for the Lakers Friday night nationally televised game against the Clippers, tweets Lakers.com reporter Mike Trudell (not to mention pretty much all the Lakers media in attendance).
Nash was injured when Portland rookie Damian Lillard accidentally kneed Nash in the shin during the second quarter of Wednesday’s game. Nash went to the locker room, tried to come out and play in the third quarter but said he couldn’t really move laterally, and went back to the locker room. It is officially just a “lower leg contusion.”
It’s not a serious injury, but Nash is 38 and these kind of things can linger for a little while.
The Lakers need Nash on the floor because they need to figure a lot of things out on both ends of the floor. Nash is the guy coach Mike Brown says has to be the guy instigating the offense, choosing between running pick-and-rolls or starting a Princeton offense set (or just trying to score in transition). That’s a lot of options and the Lakers 25 turnovers against the Blazers is a clear sign they are not all on the same page. Or maybe even reading the same book at this point. The way they get there is time together on the court.
(And this is not even talking the defensive side of the ball, where the Laker have been worse.)
This isn’t really serious in the long term, but it’s another setback for a team that is already way behind the curve.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 31
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 14
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 27
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 15
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 23
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20