Nov 1, 2012, 4:17 PM EDT
Restaurateur? Yes, restaurateur.
The Oklahoma City Urban Renewal Authority has approved plans for a KD restaurant in the Bricktown area of downtown OKC, near the canal, reports KOCO TV (hat tip to Sports Illustrated). It’s going to be right near Toby Keith’s restaurant.
Beyond the Buzzer had more details and a photo of Kevin Durant with a shovel.
Final plans for the site have already been approved and developers are estimating the 10,000 square-foot restaurant to be up and running in less than a year.
If you’re asking me what kind of restaurant KD would open in the heart of the Midwest, my guess would be a molecular gastronomy focused restaurant serving expensive, small portions of some of the most avant-garde dishes you have ever seen. Wylie Dufresne type stuff.
That or burgers and a lot of fried stuff. Probably the latter.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 19
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 27
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 51
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18