Nov 1, 2012, 4:17 PM EST
Restaurateur? Yes, restaurateur.
The Oklahoma City Urban Renewal Authority has approved plans for a KD restaurant in the Bricktown area of downtown OKC, near the canal, reports KOCO TV (hat tip to Sports Illustrated). It’s going to be right near Toby Keith’s restaurant.
Beyond the Buzzer had more details and a photo of Kevin Durant with a shovel.
Final plans for the site have already been approved and developers are estimating the 10,000 square-foot restaurant to be up and running in less than a year.
If you’re asking me what kind of restaurant KD would open in the heart of the Midwest, my guess would be a molecular gastronomy focused restaurant serving expensive, small portions of some of the most avant-garde dishes you have ever seen. Wylie Dufresne type stuff.
That or burgers and a lot of fried stuff. Probably the latter.
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 0
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 36
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 17