Nov 1, 2012, 4:17 PM EDT
Restaurateur? Yes, restaurateur.
The Oklahoma City Urban Renewal Authority has approved plans for a KD restaurant in the Bricktown area of downtown OKC, near the canal, reports KOCO TV (hat tip to Sports Illustrated). It’s going to be right near Toby Keith’s restaurant.
Beyond the Buzzer had more details and a photo of Kevin Durant with a shovel.
Final plans for the site have already been approved and developers are estimating the 10,000 square-foot restaurant to be up and running in less than a year.
If you’re asking me what kind of restaurant KD would open in the heart of the Midwest, my guess would be a molecular gastronomy focused restaurant serving expensive, small portions of some of the most avant-garde dishes you have ever seen. Wylie Dufresne type stuff.
That or burgers and a lot of fried stuff. Probably the latter.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 4
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 4
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 16
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 12
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6