Nov 1, 2012, 4:17 PM EDT
Restaurateur? Yes, restaurateur.
The Oklahoma City Urban Renewal Authority has approved plans for a KD restaurant in the Bricktown area of downtown OKC, near the canal, reports KOCO TV (hat tip to Sports Illustrated). It’s going to be right near Toby Keith’s restaurant.
Beyond the Buzzer had more details and a photo of Kevin Durant with a shovel.
Final plans for the site have already been approved and developers are estimating the 10,000 square-foot restaurant to be up and running in less than a year.
If you’re asking me what kind of restaurant KD would open in the heart of the Midwest, my guess would be a molecular gastronomy focused restaurant serving expensive, small portions of some of the most avant-garde dishes you have ever seen. Wylie Dufresne type stuff.
That or burgers and a lot of fried stuff. Probably the latter.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 11
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 38
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 22
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 100
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27