Nov 1, 2012, 4:17 PM EDT
Restaurateur? Yes, restaurateur.
The Oklahoma City Urban Renewal Authority has approved plans for a KD restaurant in the Bricktown area of downtown OKC, near the canal, reports KOCO TV (hat tip to Sports Illustrated). It’s going to be right near Toby Keith’s restaurant.
Beyond the Buzzer had more details and a photo of Kevin Durant with a shovel.
Final plans for the site have already been approved and developers are estimating the 10,000 square-foot restaurant to be up and running in less than a year.
If you’re asking me what kind of restaurant KD would open in the heart of the Midwest, my guess would be a molecular gastronomy focused restaurant serving expensive, small portions of some of the most avant-garde dishes you have ever seen. Wylie Dufresne type stuff.
That or burgers and a lot of fried stuff. Probably the latter.
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 1
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 12
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 5
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 9
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (68)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final