Nov 1, 2012, 1:58 PM EDT
We’ve pretty much worn out the discussion of the Miami Heat going small with LeBron James at the four.
The much more interesting discussion of late has been injuries forcing Mike Woodson to take the Knicks in a direction they were reluctant to go — small with Carmelo Anthony at the four.
Now, what do we get to see Friday night in the Knicks opener at Madison Square Garden? That’s right, LeBron vs. ‘Melo at the four. The Knicks are going small for sure, tweets Marc Berman of the New York Post.
Brewer, Kidd in starters jersey as #Knicks expected to go small with Melo at 4 vs. Miami Dream Team.
— Marc Berman (@NYPost_Berman) November 1, 2012
Berman also said Woodson was tweaking the Knicks defensive rotations to keep LeBron in check. Or at least try to.
Oh, this is going to be fun.
‘Melo is going to get his points against anyone, including LeBron, the question is can he do it efficiently. If LeBron forces Anthony into 21-foot contested jumpers it’s going to be a long night in the Garden. If the Knicks want a better bet, Chris Bosh can’t handle Tyson Chandler on the roll so the Knicks should run a lot of Raymond Felton/Chandler pick-and-roll.
Of course, Bosh draws Chandler out of the paint on the other end, minimizing the impact of the Defensive Player of the Year. We can assume Ronnie Brewer will get time on Dwyane Wade. It makes for some fun matchups.
Make no mistake, the Heat players are better, play at a faster tempo and should win this game. But it’s going to be fun to watch.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85