Nov 1, 2012, 1:58 PM EDT
We’ve pretty much worn out the discussion of the Miami Heat going small with LeBron James at the four.
The much more interesting discussion of late has been injuries forcing Mike Woodson to take the Knicks in a direction they were reluctant to go — small with Carmelo Anthony at the four.
Now, what do we get to see Friday night in the Knicks opener at Madison Square Garden? That’s right, LeBron vs. ‘Melo at the four. The Knicks are going small for sure, tweets Marc Berman of the New York Post.
Brewer, Kidd in starters jersey as #Knicks expected to go small with Melo at 4 vs. Miami Dream Team.
— Marc Berman (@NYPost_Berman) November 1, 2012
Berman also said Woodson was tweaking the Knicks defensive rotations to keep LeBron in check. Or at least try to.
Oh, this is going to be fun.
‘Melo is going to get his points against anyone, including LeBron, the question is can he do it efficiently. If LeBron forces Anthony into 21-foot contested jumpers it’s going to be a long night in the Garden. If the Knicks want a better bet, Chris Bosh can’t handle Tyson Chandler on the roll so the Knicks should run a lot of Raymond Felton/Chandler pick-and-roll.
Of course, Bosh draws Chandler out of the paint on the other end, minimizing the impact of the Defensive Player of the Year. We can assume Ronnie Brewer will get time on Dwyane Wade. It makes for some fun matchups.
Make no mistake, the Heat players are better, play at a faster tempo and should win this game. But it’s going to be fun to watch.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 20
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61