Nov 1, 2012, 7:30 PM EDT
To be completely honest, it hasn’t been the easiest of years for the marquee basketball players signed to rep the adidas brand. Derrick Rose went down with injury in the first game of the postseason, and isn’t expected back until sometime around the All-Star break. And Dwight Howard, well … let’s just say his image took a bit of a hit over the course of last season.
The company has done an amazing job with Rose, through the series of “The Return” videos they’ve put together chronicling the rehabilitation effort he’s putting forth to get himself ready to play agin. It has a different challenge with Dwight Howard, who many feel didn’t exactly handle himself all that well during his tumultuous final season in Orlando.
The healing process begins now, with the release of Howard’s latest signature shoe, the adipower Howard 3. In the video above, Dwight does what he does best, which is play up his sense of humor while giving his version of a YouTube review documenting all of the features of his new kicks.
These are available now at all of the usual retail outlets, as well as at adidas.com at a $110 price point. Check out the gallery below for all the detailed photos, and let us know if you plan on copping a pair in the comments.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 40
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 18
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6