Nov 1, 2012, 7:30 PM EDT
To be completely honest, it hasn’t been the easiest of years for the marquee basketball players signed to rep the adidas brand. Derrick Rose went down with injury in the first game of the postseason, and isn’t expected back until sometime around the All-Star break. And Dwight Howard, well … let’s just say his image took a bit of a hit over the course of last season.
The company has done an amazing job with Rose, through the series of “The Return” videos they’ve put together chronicling the rehabilitation effort he’s putting forth to get himself ready to play agin. It has a different challenge with Dwight Howard, who many feel didn’t exactly handle himself all that well during his tumultuous final season in Orlando.
The healing process begins now, with the release of Howard’s latest signature shoe, the adipower Howard 3. In the video above, Dwight does what he does best, which is play up his sense of humor while giving his version of a YouTube review documenting all of the features of his new kicks.
These are available now at all of the usual retail outlets, as well as at adidas.com at a $110 price point. Check out the gallery below for all the detailed photos, and let us know if you plan on copping a pair in the comments.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 0
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 11
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 39
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 20
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 18
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29