Nov 1, 2012, 7:30 PM EST
To be completely honest, it hasn’t been the easiest of years for the marquee basketball players signed to rep the adidas brand. Derrick Rose went down with injury in the first game of the postseason, and isn’t expected back until sometime around the All-Star break. And Dwight Howard, well … let’s just say his image took a bit of a hit over the course of last season.
The company has done an amazing job with Rose, through the series of “The Return” videos they’ve put together chronicling the rehabilitation effort he’s putting forth to get himself ready to play agin. It has a different challenge with Dwight Howard, who many feel didn’t exactly handle himself all that well during his tumultuous final season in Orlando.
The healing process begins now, with the release of Howard’s latest signature shoe, the adipower Howard 3. In the video above, Dwight does what he does best, which is play up his sense of humor while giving his version of a YouTube review documenting all of the features of his new kicks.
These are available now at all of the usual retail outlets, as well as at adidas.com at a $110 price point. Check out the gallery below for all the detailed photos, and let us know if you plan on copping a pair in the comments.
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 0
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 14
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 25
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 55
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (55)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)