Oct 31, 2012, 2:05 PM EDT
Well, the chances of that happening have diminished significantly since then, and according to a report from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, the deal appears to be “falling apart.”
Arenas and Guangdong reached a verbal agreement, but have now hit an impasse over completing a signed contract. The snags may ultimately keep Arenas from joining Guangdong for the upcoming CBA season, sources said.
Guangdong and Arenas have had disagreements over a payment schedule, and the organization has started to have increasing questions over Arenas’ fitness to make an impact in the league.
It’s really unfortunate how far Arenas has fallen as a basketball talent, and how quickly his career has deteriorated to the point where it might be nearing completion altogether.
It doesn’t seem like there’s any NBA interest in Arenas, and now it doesn’t look good for his prospects in China. There are other overseas options of course, and there’s still a possibility of him catching on with a team later this season if there’s a need, and if Arenas can show he’s still got something left.
But considering that he didn’t show much in last season’s playoffs while with Memphis, we may be reaching the point where Arenas is almost completely out of options.
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 0
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 1
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 18
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 14
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 44
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement