Oct 31, 2012, 7:45 AM EDT
“Andy is a horse, man. He might win the Kentucky Derby by himself. I might have to saddle up and try and ride him to victory. That’s how strong of a leader he is.”
– Cavaliers’ forward Tristan Thompson after Anderson Varejao had a career best 23 rebounds (12 offensive) plus 9 points and 9 assists in Cleveland’s opening night victory. The last guy to put up 23 boards and 9 assists in a game? Charles Barkley in 1987.
If Varejao keeps playing anywhere close to the way he did in the opener — and remember he was a beast on the boards last season until he broke his wrist — his name is going to come up in trade rumors like it did in the LeBron era. just watch.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 0
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 10
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 30
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5