Oct 30, 2012, 7:01 PM EDT
In the latest episode of Damian Lillard‘s web series “License to Lillard,” we are taken through Lillard’s journey during his first summer as an NBA player. We go through his orientation with adidas, which includes a pretty great part where he gets to sponsor the youth team he played on growing up as part of his deal.
We also get to hear Lillard’s take on his Summer League experience, where he earned MVP honors — and threw down a ridiculous dunk in traffic (at the 7:44 mark) along the way.
Lillard is likely to find himself in the Rookie of the Year conversation most of the season, both because of his court vision and athletic ability, as well as the opportunity he should receive to play on a well below-average Blazers team. Hopefully we’ll get a chance to see the journey continue as the season progresses.
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 0
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 9
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 3
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68