Oct 30, 2012, 7:01 PM EDT
In the latest episode of Damian Lillard‘s web series “License to Lillard,” we are taken through Lillard’s journey during his first summer as an NBA player. We go through his orientation with adidas, which includes a pretty great part where he gets to sponsor the youth team he played on growing up as part of his deal.
We also get to hear Lillard’s take on his Summer League experience, where he earned MVP honors — and threw down a ridiculous dunk in traffic (at the 7:44 mark) along the way.
Lillard is likely to find himself in the Rookie of the Year conversation most of the season, both because of his court vision and athletic ability, as well as the opportunity he should receive to play on a well below-average Blazers team. Hopefully we’ll get a chance to see the journey continue as the season progresses.
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 23
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 38
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 60
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2