Oct 30, 2012, 7:01 PM EDT
In the latest episode of Damian Lillard‘s web series “License to Lillard,” we are taken through Lillard’s journey during his first summer as an NBA player. We go through his orientation with adidas, which includes a pretty great part where he gets to sponsor the youth team he played on growing up as part of his deal.
We also get to hear Lillard’s take on his Summer League experience, where he earned MVP honors — and threw down a ridiculous dunk in traffic (at the 7:44 mark) along the way.
Lillard is likely to find himself in the Rookie of the Year conversation most of the season, both because of his court vision and athletic ability, as well as the opportunity he should receive to play on a well below-average Blazers team. Hopefully we’ll get a chance to see the journey continue as the season progresses.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 26
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 15
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7