Oct 30, 2012, 8:07 PM EDT
For some reason, David Stern gets booed by NBA fans at every arena where he’s introduced. It’s become hilarious at this point, especially in a place like Miami where Stern’s stance in favor of free agents’ right to choose enables super-teams to assemble — you know, like the one the Heat put together that ended up taking home last year’s title.
The boos were a little more deserved on Tuesday night, however, when Stern mistakenly referenced “Hurricane Katrina” instead of Hurricane Sandy, which is the one currently ravaging the states in the Northeast.
Unfortunate, to be sure.
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 6
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 7
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 38
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73