Oct 30, 2012, 8:07 PM EDT
For some reason, David Stern gets booed by NBA fans at every arena where he’s introduced. It’s become hilarious at this point, especially in a place like Miami where Stern’s stance in favor of free agents’ right to choose enables super-teams to assemble — you know, like the one the Heat put together that ended up taking home last year’s title.
The boos were a little more deserved on Tuesday night, however, when Stern mistakenly referenced “Hurricane Katrina” instead of Hurricane Sandy, which is the one currently ravaging the states in the Northeast.
Unfortunate, to be sure.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 7
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4