Oct 30, 2012, 8:07 PM EDT
For some reason, David Stern gets booed by NBA fans at every arena where he’s introduced. It’s become hilarious at this point, especially in a place like Miami where Stern’s stance in favor of free agents’ right to choose enables super-teams to assemble — you know, like the one the Heat put together that ended up taking home last year’s title.
The boos were a little more deserved on Tuesday night, however, when Stern mistakenly referenced “Hurricane Katrina” instead of Hurricane Sandy, which is the one currently ravaging the states in the Northeast.
Unfortunate, to be sure.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13