Oct 30, 2012, 8:07 PM EDT
For some reason, David Stern gets booed by NBA fans at every arena where he’s introduced. It’s become hilarious at this point, especially in a place like Miami where Stern’s stance in favor of free agents’ right to choose enables super-teams to assemble — you know, like the one the Heat put together that ended up taking home last year’s title.
The boos were a little more deserved on Tuesday night, however, when Stern mistakenly referenced “Hurricane Katrina” instead of Hurricane Sandy, which is the one currently ravaging the states in the Northeast.
Unfortunate, to be sure.
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 0
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8