Oct 30, 2012, 1:59 PM EST
In Boston, they assume that “Benedict Allen” has a heart two sizes too small, or he wouldn’t have turned his back on the Celtics this summer and joined the hated Heat.
But life is never that clean and simple. Despite all the sniping back and forth between between Miami and Boston.
“You always have so many different types of emotions when the season starts,” Allen said. “Obviously for me, it’s so many different ones. I’m excited for these guys having spent time around them over the last two, three months, getting to know them and their families. I’m happy for them that they won, but at the same time they beat me and put us (Celtics) out. I understand the emotions that Boston will feel watching the ceremony but at the same time I’m excited for these guys.”
The Heat are going to get their rings in front of the Celtics, then the Heat will begin their title defense against the team they beat in seven games in the Eastern Conference finals.
Allen wants to beat his old team. He wants another ring — he jumped to Miami because he thought he had a better shot at one there and he could play a bigger role in getting it. Allen doesn’t like to lose.
But don’t think this is a grudge match Tuesday night.
“These guys are my friends,” Allen said. “You guys think that I have some type of animosity or bad blood against them; I don’t. I’ve said it time and time again, we’ve shared probably the most special thing you can do in sports … going all the way to the top. That’s always going to be number one closest to my heart. When I see Paul, I’m not going to be angry at him or anybody else. I’m happy. I’m excited. I look forward to seeing all these guys.”
Allen is going to be disappointed because I don’t think Kevin Garnett wants to come over and sing “Kumbaya” after the game.
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 1
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 15
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 59
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8