Oct 30, 2012, 6:20 PM EST
We already told you all about the LeBron X, the tenth signature shoe from Nike for LeBron James. The newly-minted world champion will be wearing a special edition of the kicks on opening night, featuring a gold colorway and features that pay tribute to his first championship season.
From the official release:
“LeBron James will open the season in a special gold-themed LEBRON X paying tribute to the team’s 2011-2012 Championship. James’ tenth Nike signature shoe combines dynamic containment, protection and responsiveness tailored to one of the world’s most explosive players.
“Continuing the LEBRON X’s deeper storytelling with colors, this version features gold for the ring and white/red for the home uniforms they wore on June 21 when capturing the championship.
“The shoe also features graphics representing the championship. On the right shoe’s medial side is ”MVP” plus the number of points he scored in the playoffs. The left shoe’s medial panel has “CHAMP” and the team’s playoff record. The font mimics traditional ring inscription.”
Check out the gallery below for the detailed photos. It’s good to be King.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 7
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)