Oct 30, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
We already told you all about the LeBron X, the tenth signature shoe from Nike for LeBron James. The newly-minted world champion will be wearing a special edition of the kicks on opening night, featuring a gold colorway and features that pay tribute to his first championship season.
From the official release:
“LeBron James will open the season in a special gold-themed LEBRON X paying tribute to the team’s 2011-2012 Championship. James’ tenth Nike signature shoe combines dynamic containment, protection and responsiveness tailored to one of the world’s most explosive players.
“Continuing the LEBRON X’s deeper storytelling with colors, this version features gold for the ring and white/red for the home uniforms they wore on June 21 when capturing the championship.
“The shoe also features graphics representing the championship. On the right shoe’s medial side is “MVP” plus the number of points he scored in the playoffs. The left shoe’s medial panel has “CHAMP” and the team’s playoff record. The font mimics traditional ring inscription.”
Check out the gallery below for the detailed photos. It’s good to be King.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 4
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 16
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6